Pi Beta Phi: Meet Emory’s Newest Addition to the Row!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Did you go through sorority recruitment only to feel like you didn’t quite find your fit? Or, maybe you chose not to participate in recruitment, but sort of wish you had. Although the formal process has ended, it’s still not too late to join a sorority. Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women is about to be the newest sorority on the Row! While you might have heard a bit about Pi Beta Phi coming to campus, you might not know the whole story. If you’re still interested in joining Greek life, here are a few reasons to consider it:

So, why should you consider joining Pi Beta Phi? Helping colonize a chapter on campus is an exciting opportunity; you get to build your sorority from scratch! While most collegiate women join already established chapters, this would give you the opportunity to watch your chapter grow into something bigger than yourself (or your friend group). Every sorority here at Emory had to start somewhere though, right? This opportunity allows you to have a chance to leave your mark on campus, becoming part of this sorority’s 150-year-old legacy; you would be able to make an impact that will last long after you graduate. Because new chapters inevitably begin as a smaller group, each founding member makes an impact; your skills, backgrounds and experiences would help establish a sisterhood that is as varied and unique as the women who call it their own.

While you might think this all sounds great, I’m sure you undoubtably want to know more about this organization, should you choose to join. Pi Beta Phi’s guiding values include integrity, lifelong commitment, honor and respect, personal and intellectual growth, philanthropic service, and sincere friendship, just to name a few. Members are proud to live by these values, and also to form such a strong support system for their sisters. They support each other in a variety of ways, including academic endeavors, leadership development, service opportunities, and professional development, all while creating lifelong friendships and memories. Many women here at Emory find that they are able to fully realize their potential in the supportive environment that Greek life provides; you deserve that opportunity, too.

If you’re even the slightest bit interested, you should absolutely check out Pi Beta Phi’s recruitment events this weekend (February 12-14)! They are also holding one-on-one meetings this week in the DUC if you’d like to learn more about the organization and the process of starting a new chapter on campus. You can sign up here! Also, to learn more about Emory’s new chapter of Pi Beta Phi, be sure to check out their website here.

Her Campus at Emory University