The Perfect Place for Pitas: HC Emory’s Review of The Pita Pit in Decatur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Whenever we’re craving that perfect mix of American and Greek food, which, let’s be honest, is quite often, we know just where to head to—the recently opened Pita Pit in Decatur. This restaurant allows you to design your own pita and features many healthy options. No matter how picky you are or how much of a rush you are in, the Pita Pit caters to your needs. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this is the place to be!

When you walk in, you’re immediately greeted by a mix of delicious aromas, and probably by the two owners as well, who are by far the nicest and most enthusiastic guys around. Your experience at the Pita Pit begins with a wide array of options to mix and match for the base of your pita, including meats, falafels, and hummus. Then comes the most exciting part: the toppings bar, where you can pick any type of vegetable, cheese, or dressing (they’ll even melt the cheese on the grill for you). They build your pita right on the spot and you’ll be eating within five minutes of entering the restaurant.

For those of you who are health conscious eaters, the Pita Pit has created their own “Resolution Solution” pitas, like the “Light Chicken Caesar” or “Light Steak Fajita”. They have nutritional information available for all of the food they serve, and they even have whole-wheat pitas.

We love the Pita Pit because of the food AND the environment. The endless array of food will please everyone you’re with (editor’s note: you’re talking to some pretty picky eaters), and the friendly, sociable employees make each meal easy and entertaining. Plus, it is conveniently located at One West Court Square in downtown Decatur, just a five to ten minute drive for Emory students. For those of you without a car, the Pita Pit gladly delivers!

As you can see, we’ve included a coupon for one dollar off any pita. Take the minute to print it out and head on over to the Pita Pit. Trust us, it won’t be a waste of your time or your ink.

And, chances are, you’ll see us there!

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).