This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Dear Freshman Me,

You are probably curious about how its all turned out. You are heading towards the end of your first year, feeling accomplished, but overwhelmed, with the choices you have to make. What major will you choose? What memories will unfold in the coming year? What is to come of the rest of your college career? While I cannot say that I have our life entirely figured out, I can assure you that the path you are going to take in the coming year is extraordinary. Its full of new and old faces, a discovery of your favorite college meal, and laughter like you can’t imagine. You will notice a change in yourself, you are going to feel older, maybe wiser, but in all different than when you had first entered into the large campus of Emory.

You might be feeling like the campus has grown small, as most of the people you met seem to be similar faces. It will change, and once again you will see just how many people you haven’t met yet. I’m still in the process of making more friends, more people who I can rely on. It’s strange to look back and see that two years have flown by, and truly they do. Hold on to every night, every ice cream adventure, and every laugh you find yourself consumed in. I have found a year goes by much quicker than I would have ever expected. Even faster than freshman year. In some ways, you will find yourself overwhelmed by the new responsibilities that have been granted to you. But, allow the challenges to make you stronger. The most prominent advice that I have learned is that the best things happen at the most random times in the most peculiar places. And I know you to be a planner, but I must let you know that plans change most often and frequently for you. Yet, you will learn to love the rush of the uncertain and find solace in the oblivion.

You should feel proud of how far you have come in your first year at college, and understand the value of the work you have put in. I would not have reaped the benefit of success without the path you carved out during your first few semesters. So, in a way, thank you. For our future, I am both excited and nervous about what will come. Like you, I have many questions about what is to become of it. I know that every year brings new tribulations, but being the problem solvers we are, we will always find a positive outlook for it. I can’t wait for you to enjoy what is your most incredible sophomore year, and to soak up every ounce of the hiding Georgia Sun.

With Love,

You

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.