Layering 101: A How to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

When it’s either a bit too frigid outside and too warm in your lecture hall in White Hall, what is a girl supposed to do? Layer. 

Here are a few examples of how layering can be successful:

The foundation of a good layered outfit is a simple lightweight t-shirt or long-sleeve shirt. Wearing a neutral color or stripes is always the way to go. This simple white t-shirt serves as the perfect canvas for this neutral outfit. Black leggings in addition to the tall boots and grey jacket with leather accents make this a cozy outfit that is perfect for a cool day. The wool collar of this jacket is chunky and cozy, serving as a scarf!

A white long sleeve is perfect for this outfit. In conjunction with the black jeans and boots, it allows the jean jacket and scarf to add a pop of color! This chunky scarf is perfect for the odd weather. You can always take it off if you get too hot!

This layered look is perfect for night time! This outfit plays with different lengths. The sand colored long cardigan underneath the pea coat with leather sleeves gives you the option of staying toasty or taking off the jacket if you are too warm. 

So ladies, layering is essential for maintaining warmth while still looking cute and chic.

Her Campus at Emory University