kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Name: Jackie Weiss

Major: Human Health

Hometown: Roswell, GA

Extracurricular Activities: Greek life, Hillel, Volunteer Emory, Pre-Law Society

Relationship Status: Single

Greek Affiliation: Sigma Delta Tau

Q: What are you involved with on campus?

I am involved with various types of organizations on campus. For example, I am part of philanthropic organizations such as volunteer Emory. I also participate in academic-oriented groups such as the Pre-Law society and numerous political organizations. I am very involved in Emory’s Jewish community and hold leadership positions in some of them. Finally, I am involved in Greek Life.

Q: What is your favorite club you are involved with, and why?

While it is not necessarily a club, my favorite activity that I take part in at Emory is my sorority. It has provided me with a close-knit group of friends who are all diverse and teach me new things everyday. I also enjoy that my sorority values things that are extremely important to me, such as philanthropy. Being in a sorority has allowed me to meet awesome people that I never would have met otherwise!

Q: What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?

I love to explore Atlanta with my friends on the weekends, hit the gym, and go shopping. I also like to find new study spots on and off campus.

Q: Any recommendations for balancing your academic, extracurricular, and social lives?

My main advice is not to spread yourself too thin. It’s much better to involve yourself in a few activities and play a meaningful part in groups you are truly passionate about, rather than join a ridiculous amount of clubs and struggle to stay active in all o them. You will have a much more enriching experience if you don’t overcommit yourself! Another piece of advice is to et a planner or calendar, and make sure you write down daily tasks. Trust me — you cannot remember everything you have to do in your head! Finally, no matter what, make time to treat yourself and relax. Even though you may feel too busy, you will be much more refreshed and productive after going for a walk or FaceTiming your friend from home.

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.