Small Pumpkin In Hand
Small Pumpkin In Hand
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It’s Finally Here: The Greatest Season of the Year

Fall. It’s here. It’s glorious. I’ve been counting down the days. While I’m not particularly a fan of pumpkin-flavored things and the leaves have been falling for quite a while here in the ATL, this season is by far my favorite. While a lot of people find the full blooms of trees gorgeous, I’m mesmerized by the bare scenery of the vulnerably naked trees. They’re changing, like us, and they’re getting ready to take a new form. 

Fall is the time when life is in full swing. Classes have started, schedules are memorized, and life is finally moving along. Fall is the time when we start to figure out patterns in life and it feels like the world around you might actually stop turning so fast. 

With fall we get an end to ridiculous heat, boob sweat, butt sweat, sweat everywhere honestly, but we also get a reprieve before a chilling winter. We get to say goodbye to uncomfortably sticky shorts and unflattering outfits that show every stain imaginable, but we don’t have to say hello to the jackets, coats, and scarves that hide us away. 

We can start to make the meals that feel a little too heavy in 90 degrees: hot chocolate, pot roast, roasted turkey (THANKSGIVING!!), warm teas at night. We can pick up all the bests at Trader Joe’s (please don’t even begin to get me started on the Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Bun Spread because it will truly change your life). 

We get to see our friends and families more than every with Halloween and Thanksgiving as a teaser to Christmas. With the holidays we get the seasonal shopping boom while stores stock up on inventory and create their own fall-inspired delicacies (think Starbucks’ Salted Caramel Mocha). Not only can we by fall things, but everything from summer goes on ~sale~ too. 

Although some people can’t get on board with the shorter days and the inevitable layering of clothes just to be hotboxed in White Hall, Fall is a time of balance not just literally, as we consider it balancing between two extreme seasons. Fall gives us a chance to balance ourselves, it gives us a chance to regenerate and regrow, just like the trees that take their own new form. 

While the flowers may be gone, there’s a lot to love about this season. 

Maddy Knight is a senior in Emory's College of Arts and Sciences with a double major in Spanish and Linguistics. She plans on attending law school once graduating. Maddy likes all animals with fur, spending time with her friends and family, and has been writing for Her Campus since high school. 
Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.