This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With the semester coming to an end, we’re all dreading the inevitable finals season around the corner. While we all surely have our own ways of coping with the imminent stress that comes with the seemingly everlasting period of exams, I’ve decided to compile my most useful tips and tricks for this season.

First, make a list of things to do. It can be anywhere from what you’ll do for every minute of every day, to just a simple compilation of what needs to get done. This will help organize yourself and is a great way to get in the right headspace for studying for exams.

Next, I always make sure I have all of the materials I’ll need, whether that means downloading, printing, or even just finding where everything is on your computer. This finalizes your organization and prepares you for the really difficult part, the actual studying.

For me, one of the most important ways to prepare for finals is to make sure I have my study snacks stocked up. This can be anywhere from brain food to yummy snacks and everything in between. Some of my go-tos include pretzels, apples, and popcorn. This is, in my opinion, the most important and fun part of preparing for finals.

And finally, take it day by day. Use the lists and schedules you made and go slowly. Don’t overwhelm yourself and just get through the material, keep learning, and you’ll make it through!

While staying sane might seem impossible, especially this year, it’s certainly doable. There’s only one way to the end of this semester, and it’s by getting through finals. It might not seem like something we want to do, but just wait until the feeling of being done with your exams and school for the next few months: there’s nothing like it. So just sit back, organize, buy your snacks, and get your studying done because the semester is almost over and you got this!

Ally Grubman is a current sophomore in Emory's College of Arts and Science with a major in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology and a minor in Jewish Studies. Ally loves dogs, sailing, skiing, and spending time with family and friends!
Mia is a senior at Emory University pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in marketing. She has lived in Atlanta her whole life and loves experiencing the city as a college student. Mia loves romance books, listening to podcasts on walks, and time spent with friends and family.