How to Pack (Light!) for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It’s that time of the year again: time to pack up all of your spring break essentials and get on your way to a much needed break. Due to the fact that spring break is pretty short, you’ll want to pack very light. I would suggest trying to fit everything into a carry-on bag so you can save the money you would be spending by checking a bag and spend it on drinks on the beach instead! Here is a list of things you will need if you’re one of the lucky ones who will be soaking in the sun this spring break. 

1. Obviously, your favorite swimsuits! Make sure to pick ones that you know you will wear so that you can save space in your suitcase. 

(One piece swimsuits are particularly “in” this season!) 

2. Second, you want to make sure you have the right shoes for warm weather. These include casual flip flops, a pair of cute sandals, and sneakers. If you can limit it to only these three, you will have an easier time packing with only a carry on suitcase. 

P.S. I would suggest wearing the sneakers on the plane to save space in your bag!

3. Finally, you want to make sure you are protected from the sun. You can purchase sunscreen once you get to your location (because airport security won’t allow you to carry it on the plane) but I like to always make sure I bring makeup that has SPF in it. Here are some products with SPF that are great for protecting your skin, while also giving you smooth coverage and glowy skin. 

Make sure these are below 3.4 fluid ounces before packing them in your carry-on!

Well there you have it. These three items are essential for ensuring that your spring break will be a fun and comfortable one. Good luck packing, and remember, think light! 

Her Campus at Emory University