How to Have Your Best Semester Yet, according to Beyonce

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Earlier this semester, Her Campus Emory received an amazing back to school survival kit! We were so excited to try out all of these samples, that we wanted to share them with you all. Keep an eye out for giveaways this semester in order to win some of these awesome goodies for free! Here are 8 ways to have your best semester yet…according to Beyoncé.

1. Remember to treat yo’self

…and what better way to do that than by getting Chipotle? With one right in Emory Village, this one is easy. Not only is the food amazing, but you can feel a lot better knowing that Chipotle uses non-GMO ingredients, and that there aren’t any artificial colors or sweeteners hiding in your meal.

2. Give yourself a new look

From making you excited to get up and ready in the morning to giving you a new confidence booster, switching up your style can work wonders. It doesn’t even have to be anything drastic—it could be as simple as changing your hairstyle or wearing some new makeup. Right now, we’re loving products by TREssemé and NYC New York Color. TREssemé‘s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray will give you beachy waves, helping you keep summer alive through the fall, while the Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam will give you softer waves with more natural movement and bounce. Find more information on TREssemé‘s new products here. As for makeup, NYC New York Color’s City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow & Eye Primer are perfect for collegiettes on the go. Ever have those days where you want to wear makeup that lasts all day but you’re running short on time? This will solve your problem. Get more information on New York Color products here.

3. Spice up your room décor

Room decorations matter. Having a cute, fully decorated room will make you want to spend more time there, it’ll probably help you keep it clean, (well…let’s not get ahead of ourselves) and it’ll make you happier overall. Don’t even get me started on the benefits of having an organized desk! Luckily, Her Campus now has some exclusive pennants that would look perfect in your room. What are you waiting for? Get one for yourself here! Happy decorating!

4. Get involved, be passionate, and make a difference.

At Emory, most of us have no trouble getting involved in a causes we’re passionate about. Are you passionate about girls’ education? She’s The First provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries. Or, maybe you’d rather use your interest in fashion and art to make a diffference? My Social Canvas allows students to participate in the design process for apparel and lifestyle products through ongoing national design campaigns. What if you want to spend your time fighting for gender equality and women’s rights? The Clinton Foundation’s initiative called No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project works to inspire and advance the full participation of women and girls worldwide, using data to demonstrate the progress we’ve made and the challenges that persist. No matter what you’re interested in, you can absolutely find (or start!) an organization on Emory’s campus to where you can follor your passion while giving back to the community. Did you know that Emory has a chapter of She’s the First? Check out their Facebook page here!

5. Read!

Remember when you used to read just for fun? There’s something to be said about reading something that isn’t required of you. That’s right, I’m saying you should read something other than your Bio textbook or your Sociology book. Making time to read is something a lot of us don’t do anymore, but it’s worthwhile. It can relieve stress, keep your mind (and vocabulary) sharp, and you can do it while sitting outside, enjoying the last few warm days we have left. Our recommendations for light reading: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (get more information on this one here) and Every Day by David Levithan. Check those out first!

6. Get your craft on (Martha Stewart Crafts)

It’s true—collegiettes kind of love crafting. Whether you’re painting canvases for your little, painting a cooler for a fraternity formal, doing something DIY for a friend’s birthday, or just crafting for the heck of it, most of us find ourselves in need of paint (and Mod Podge, paint pens, painter’s tape, etc., etc.) at one point or another. A word of advice: don’t cheap out. Yes, you could buy the cheapest possible paint you can find in Michael’s…but it’ll end up getting clumpy, it won’t wear or last well, and you’ll eventually be stuck with a lot of paint that you hate. You’re best bet is to have your paint approved by the craft goddess herself: Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart Crafts has the best materials in the game.

7. Hit Club Libz in style

Ah, Woodruff Library. There’s no place Emory students have more of a love-hate relationship with. It’s everyone’s default on-campus study spot, but it also has an undeniable social scene. You never want to stroll in there looking like you’ve totally given up (read: sweatpants) because, regardless of what time you head in there, you’re bound to run into several people you know. An easy way to hit the books in style is to wear a simple, comfy outfit and accessorize with your bag. We’re loving the MZ Wallace Chelsea Tote. It’s the perfect size to hold your books—and you’ll look cute while doing it! See more by MZ Wallace here.

8. Skip the artificial sweeteners

By now, we all know that artificial sweeteners are bad for you. So, if you’re hooked on Splenda or Sweet and Low, make the switch to Zing! It’s a zero calorie stevia sweetener that’s made with all real ingredients. Best of all, it doesn’t have a weird taste that so many people associate with sweeteners. Try it in your coffee, green tea, or smoothies, and you’ll find that it’s not too good to be true. Find more information about Zing here.

So, with all of this in mind, get ready to have the best semester yet! Many, many thanks to our sponsors: Chipotle, NYC New York Color, Her Campus, No Ceilings, TREssemé, She’s The First, Penguin Random House, Martha Stewart Crafts, MZ Wallace, ZingZero Calorie Sweetener, and My Social Canvas. We love all of our goodies!