How to Dress for Atlanta’s Cold Fall Mornings and Hot Afternoons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The last couple of weeks have been quite confusing in terms of the weather. It’s super cloudy one day and sunny the next. But the most troublesome days have been the ones when it’s cold in the morning, the time when we’re all off for our morning classes, and by the time it’s afternoon, it’s bright and hot. If you’re like me, living at least fifteen minutes off of main campus where all of your back-to-back classes are, this can get pretty inconvenient. Imagine you’re all snuggled up in your pullover and boots in the chilly fall morning but just when the clock strikes 12, you’re sweating, feeling completely nasty, and you can’t even head back to your dorm to change because you will miss your class.

Thankfully though, there’s a way to avoid that. Here are some essential items you need to help you get through this transition from summer to fall:

1. Button-Down Sweaters: Layered on top of a shirt or a blouse, these keep you warm. And of course, they’re easy to take off when it gets warmer! 

2. Scarves: Made from cotton or linen, scarves are extremely helpful during chilly weather. They’re easy to put on and take off. Plus, they add a great stylistic touch to any outfit!

3. Booties: They keep your toes tucked away and warm, just like regular boots. But, unlike regular boots, they don’t get uncomfortable as the weather gets extremely warm. 

4. Moccasins: Alternatively, you could try these. They look good with any outfit, they’re comfortable, and great for any type of weather!

Fashion Writer for Her Campus Emory
Her Campus at Emory University