Highlighter Hues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

This spring is all about bright, fun neon colors! The neon trend has been seen on the runways of designers such as Alexander Wang and Jason Wu. Neon colors can be tricky to maneuver into an outfit. Try adding just one or two, and you will definitely pull off one of the biggest trends this season. 

Highlighter hues look great when paired with crisp white or dark denim bottoms. Throw on a basic tank in a vibrant green and add white skinny jeans and a chic straw hat. Layer up on bracelets and bangles to accessorize, grab your bag and you’re good to go out to lunch with your friends! Or try mixing a neon bottom with a neutral toned top, like this Jason Wu outfit.

Dare to be different and rock a blindingly bright frock! Whether the entire dress is one bright color or splashes of black or white and different colors, you’ll definitely be on trend with this choice. Cute wedges and a small clutch complete this outfit, perfect for a spring party in the wonderfully warm weather.

If you aren’t the adventurous type, but still want to show your trendy side, small accessories, such as a cross body bag or silky scarf can be your ticket to the neon trend. Bright bags in yellows and oranges contrast well with spring whites and neutrals. Scarves are perfect around your neck, as a belt, in your hair, on your bag, or even as a bracelet, and yet another wonderfully simple way to add a pop of neon to your outfit.

So this season, don’t be afraid to stand out in your highlighter hues and fantastic neons! From tops to dresses to accessories, there’s always a way to incorporate some neon into your outfit!