Hannah ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

This Michigan native is a die-hard democrat – she loves Barack almost as much as she loves her dogs and Chipotle (which is saying a lot). From her Argentinian roots, to her semester at sea, Hannah loves traveling the world and experiencing new cultures. Now back in the US for senior year, you can find her watching TV (you’ll never guess how many different shows), at Mags, at a country concert, or maybe, just maybe, studying education and the history of Latin America/Non-Western World. Keep reading to learn how you can impress this worldly chica. Just don’t eat or drink anything that turns your mouth blue and you should hit it off just fine!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): Describe your perfect date.
Hannah (H): My perfect date would be eating Chipotle and drinking Franzia at a private No Strings Attached concert (where Matt Lipkins would sing every solo).
HCE: What three adjectives describe your ideal guy?
H: Indian, red head, and a little neck fat (but not really into red-headed Indians).

HCE: People who know you well know that…
H: 80% of my day is spent sleeping, talking about how cute my dogs are, and catching up on 27 weekly TV shows.

HCE: Describe your first kiss in three words
H: Awkward, braces, crying.

HCE: Where do you see yourself in five years?
H: Being a teacher in a charter school while also being chief of staff to Barack Obama (who will pull an FDR and serve 3 terms).

HCE: If your life were a movie, what song of the soundtrack would be playing today?
H: Two options…”The Weight” by the Band.  I would change the lyrics “take a load off Annie” to “take a load off Hannie.” The second song would be The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.” I watched The Last Waltz last night and relived the pain of Levon Helm’s death so I have to pay tribute to them in my movie (which would be one of those comedies where the humor is in watching a person behave so awkwardly that you laugh because you’re so uncomfortable).

HCE: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
H: This is probably the most difficult question you asked…but I’m going to say Chipotle. It’s fast, consistent, and has the best fountain Diet Coke in the world.

HCE: If you could redo one year of your life until this point, which would you choose?
H: Freshman year. I would tell myself “Hannah stay away from the DUC pizza, its not worth it!”

HCE: Favorite themed party at Emory?
H: Any party where I can wear Converse. Those who know me know that I tend to wipe out at almost every party or bar I go to, and wearing sneakers really decreases the chance.

HCE: Best night at mags consisted of?
H: Any night where DJ Sloppy is there. My friends know I always have the best night at Mags, but when DJ Sloppy is there, it seems like
everyone else is finally having as much fun as me.

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).