This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Meet Hailey Miller, a junior in the BBA program concentrating in finance and Co-President of UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) Emory. In addition to her involvement with UNICEF Emory, Hailey is also involved in Gamma Phi Beta as the T-Shirt Chair and helps paint the lodge window for various events. She also loves dogs, horses, baking French pastries, and Netflix (obviously). Read on to learn more about Hailey and UNICEF!

HCE (Her Campus Emory): What is UNICEF?

HM (Hailey Miller): UNICEF is the United Nations Children’s Fund, which is a global organization that believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential. UNICEF works in over 180 countries around the world to provide resources so that children everywhere have the ability to survive and thrive. UNICEF Emory represents UNICEF on Emory’s campus. We raise funds, educate, and advocate for the children around the world.

HCE: What is the mission of UNICEF?

HM: To make the world a better place for children and work towards a world where ZERO children die of preventable causes.

HCE: How did you get involved with UNICEF?

HM: I worked with many children’s organizations before coming to Emory and knew that I wanted to continue to do so, so I became a Freshman Representative. I stepped up as President my sophomore year and am now a co-president.

HCE:  What is your favorite thing about the organization?

HM: I think it is really amazing that a little bit can go a long way with UNICEF. What I mean by that is that UNICEF is such a large and global organization that raising as little as $0.10 can save a child’s life. If we have a fundraising event on campus, we can save and better children’s lives whether we raise $5 or $500.

HCE: What is your job as co-president?

HM: As co-president, I oversee the work of the other officers on the executive board and direct the club’s focus throughout the year. I also connect with the larger UNICEF organization and work with them so that UNICEF Emory can make a significant impact in helping kids.

HCE: What do you think is one of UNICEF’s greatest accomplishments at Emory, and what are some of the challenges?

HM: Our biggest challenge is certainly fundraising, as it is hard to raise a lot of money on a college campus. To combat this, we try to come up with creative events that will engage college students and raise some money at the same time. I would say our greatest accomplishment of UNICEF Emory was last year’s Halloween bake sale as a part of UNICEF’s Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign. We raised around $250 by selling cookies outside of the library.

HCE: How can students get involved on campus?

HM: Follow us on OrgSync and Facebook, where we post about all events and GBMs. We always welcome new members, and even if you can only come out and support one event we are having, that is a huge help! In fact, this week we are selling Pumpkin Grams at Wonderful Wednesday. For $2.50 we will deliver a note and pumpkin muffins to dorms and Clairmont to raise money for UNICEF.

HCE: How can we keep up with UNICEF?

HM: Like us on Facebook here and feel free to join us on OrgSync here!

Campus Celebrity Editor Film Studies Major, Spanish Minor Emory University Class of 2017
Her Campus at Emory University