Fall’s Hottest Color

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Hey girl, fall is here. We still have a while until the leaves change color and fall (wait, that happens here in Atlanta,
right?).  But for now it’s getting to be the time when we transition from our flirtiest floral prints and denim shorts to our beloved cozy sweaters and jeans.

It seems that just about everyone has settled into the new school year, but the start of a new season calls for a new color trend. The runway has taken a cue from the foliage that comes about in the Northeast each year, since warm and burnt hues are what’s in this fall. From fire-engine red, marigold, sienna and rusty beige to anything orange—it’s hot, hot, hot.

Stop, I already know what you are thinki
ng. Didn’t our favorite brilliant blonde icon Elle Woods talk Cameron Diaz out of buying that heinous sweater at Fred Segal applying the logic that, “whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed”?  Yes, but that was also 10 years ago (pause for shock).

Hermés has been owning their signature orange trend ever since the 1950’s, and it’s about time the rest of us have caught on to the color craze. So next Saturday when you decide to head over to Buckhead to hit up the Lenox Mall and Phipps with your girls, make sure to invest in something orange… sorry Elle!