This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It’s no secret that Atlanta is an amazing city. Though there is so much to see and do, it’s hard to find the time when you have so much to study and cram for. What if I told you that you could explore Atlanta and get your work done at the same time?  I have an almost unhealthy love of coffee and have never had to choose between being productive and indulging in a great cup of joe. Here are some of the coffee shops I explored last semester:

Octane

The Peachtree Street location exudes industrial vibes and provides a great late night study spot. The coffee shop partners with Little Tart Bake Shop, to produce some of the best pastries I’ve had – don’t even get me started on their vanilla lattes!

Muchacho

Tacos and coffee, need I say more?

Chocolaté

Convenient, cozy, and great frozen coffee,  Chocolaté, it’s a 20-minute walk from campus (or a 5-minute bus ride on the North DeKalb shuttle, if you’re anything like me).

Caribou Coffee

You get to drive with a view, you get to dine with a view, you get to drink (coffee) with a view – what more can you ask for? This coffee shop is located in Midtown Atlanta, and is open till 11:30 for those of you who are night owls!

Kaldi’s

I know, I know, Kaldi’s isn’t new to us – but that doesn’t mean it’s not a great coffee/study spot.  Located on campus, and open till 2 am, Kaldi’s wins the most convenient coffee shop award. I definitely recommend checking out both their Turkish latte and  Rosemary and Brown Sugar latte —I was so obsessed with them last semester that I made my own rosemary and brown sugar simple syrup over break. 

Dancing Goat

Though there’s a location right in Decatur, I encourage you to venture out to their Midtown location – It has a swing! Yes, you can swing, and study and drink coffee – or if that’s too much, you can swing in your study breaks! Not to mention, the glass windows provide beautiful natural light – whether your using it to read those notes, or sends those “I’m studying” Snapchats.

Java Monkey

It may be called Java Monkey, but their coffee is no monkey business. This cute spot is located in Decatur Square which makes it the perfect spot to, buckle down, bring out the books, and bribe yourself with butter and cream right across the street!

Chattahoochee Coffee Company

There are two locations of this local coffee shop, and one happens to be right on the Chattahoochee River. This scenic location is perfect for the warm weather ahead; you can also hike along the river before or after a study session.

This semester, don’t let homework be the reason you don’t get to see Atlanta, try switching up your study atmosphere and experience Atlanta through the numerous coffee shops scattered throughout the city.

Karina is a senior majoring in Anthropology and Human Biology at Emory University, currenlty contemplating what to do with her life post-graduation. In her free time she enjoys spending too much time on instagram and pinterest, traveling, eating too much food, watching Indie movies on Netflix, and going to concerts of her favortite punk rock bands. Most likely doing all of this with a cup of coffee in her hand. 
Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.