Easy Breezy Summer Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Feeling a little lazier than usual after experiencing a fun formal beach weekend? Summer is just around the corner and although you may want to start to slack off – don’t do it just yet! I’m not just talking about your grades; I’m also referring to your style. Although it seems easiest in the morning to throw on leggings, an over-sized frat tank and a hoodie, there is an ever easier and WAY more fashionable solution – a dress! 

Dresses are a great choice around this time of year since they hold up well in humid and hot conditions and always look effortlessly chic.  An easy to wear option is a brightly colored loose tee dress. They can be transformed into your own personal style by loading on the accessories and shoes!

If you want to go for a trendier look  – try out a tribal-patterned dress! The bold prints are perfect for summer and work great paired with sandals or wedges.

For the edgier fashionista, a flowy tank dress with a skull appliqué looks great paired with statement sandals and a cropped jacket. 

Add a bohemian flair with a light, cream-colored dress with colorful embroidery. Throw on some necklaces and slouchy booties and you’re good to go!

So next time you wake up and reach for those work-out clothes, just throw on a dress and go! 

Her Campus at Emory University