This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

This Port Washington, New York native loves everything from graphic design to herbal living. As a Film Studies and Media Management major, she pursues her interests in photography and writing, and when she’s not in class, she hangs with her ADPi sisters, and works for Student Programming Council, planning this year’s Homecoming and other awesome activities! She’s single and ready to mingle, so read up on this week’s Campus Cutie…Carly!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you spend your summer?
Carly (C): I had an internship at Vice Magazine in Brooklyn. It was a really cool place to work, especially since people left me alone long enough to plan Homecoming (which, by the way, is September 24th-29th).

HCE: How would you describe your style?
C: Kind of a controlled chaos. My roommate described it as “Music Festival Chic” but I think that’s just a euphemism for “All Over The Place.”

HCE: What advice would you give to a guy trying to impress you?
C: I like open-minded people that are just comfortable with who they are and with who I am—someone not looking to prove anything. So, I guess to answer the question, look alive and try not to be a dickhead unless arrogance looks really really good on you.

HCE: What are your three favorite things about Emory?
C: 1) SPC (shameless plug).
2) The amazing women that make me proud to be in Greek life.
3) All of the loveable randos that lived in McTyeire with me.

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).