Bliss Spa: “Being Brainy Is A Beautiful Thing”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

You’re done (or almost) with your midterms. You’ve m
ade your study guides, pulled a few all-nighters, and are still feeling shaky from that Trenta Iced Coffee (with an additional two shots of espresso, anyone?) you downed around sunrise this morning.

It’s time to relax, Collegiettes™. With all our hard work, we deserve to be pampered. And what better way to escape into a carefree world where midterms and essays don’t exist than to visit your local Bliss Spa?

That’s right, ladies. The nationally recognized upscale spa has made their services more affordable for all you lucky Collegiettes™ in their “Being Brainy is a Beautiful Thing” campaign. Receive 15% off when you present a valid college ID, or 20% off for getting an A on a paper!

Her Campus Emory was one of the lucky Her Campus branches chosen to help promote the campaign. When I
received my ‘Bath’ To School Caddy, complete with a loofah, Bliss’s Lemon and Sage Body Butter, and Bliss’s Lemon and Sage body soap, I could not wait to try their products and visit the spa myself.

After browsing through the extensive brochure of services they offer—which pretty much includes everything a girl could ask for—my “little sister” (in my sorority) and I decided to go with the basic manicure/pedicure. Bliss isn’t one of those places you avoid calling because it always takes forever and the person helping you is rude—booking the appointment was fast and easy. Just call your local Bliss or join the ‘glow’-it-all’s club and book online. Before we knew it, we had a “big/little” date set at Bliss Spa at the W Midtown Atlanta.

We arrived at the W on Sunday afternoon, left the car with the valet (which Bliss validated), and then proceeded to be welcomed by the frien
dly Bliss receptionists in the retail beauty boutique. Once we checked in, we were taken into their chic nail lounge.

Bliss had all the new polish colors from various brands to choose from. We both chose colors from OPI’s Fall 2011 collection (after much deliberation), and took our seats next to each other. The Spa Technician was upbeat, gentle, and engaging. As if this wasn’t enough, they had an assortment of delicious snacks that we helped ourselves to (multiple times).

My little and I both loved our color selections so much that we bought them before we left. I also bought the body butter in Vanilla and Bergamot—yes, in addition the lemon and sage scented one that I already had (
warning: the cream is addicting).

We could not have asked for better service or treatment—we left feeling refreshed and ready to take on our upcoming exams. 

The “Being Brainy is a Beautiful Thing” campaign shows Bliss’s commitment to battling the stereotype that smart women can’t be beautiful, and vice versa. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The campaign motivates college women to do well in school and rewards them for their success.

Can you think of a better way to congratulate yourself on doing well?