Atlanta Restaurant Bucket List – Where to Eat Before you Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Do you need a break from the DUC, Cox, or Einstein’s? We thought so.

Atlanta has some of the best restaurants in the country, and Her Campus Emory has come up with a list of the ones you absolutely must try. So grab your friends and go eat!

Planning a girls’ night out? Hit these destination hotspots, filled with cool music and a vibrant atmosphere. Bring your friends for a big night out, and don’t forget that camera!

Two Urban Licks. Don’t be fooled by the side streets or funky warehouse exterior…this place is truly a gem.
Described as “fiery American cooking,” with an eclectic, affordable menu, there will definitely be something new and exciting for you and your friends to try.

Twist. From tapas to sushi, this place has it all! With a cool vibe and live music, you’ll have a great experience at this trendy hotspot right in the Phipps mall.

Cantina. A fun Mexican restaurant with small specialty plates and sides, this place is perfect for birthday dinners or big groups. And if you’re up to try something new, there are 15 different types of tacos!

RA Sushi. Be sure to hit up this cool midtown sushi bar before 7:00 on Monday through Saturday for half price
specials on all of your favorite appetizers and rolls. Trendy, cheap, and fun…what more could you want?

Seasons 52.  With everything under 475 calories, why not enjoy every bite of what you’re eating? With flatbreads, salads, meats, and veggie platters, there’s something for everyone. Finish your meal by choosing a “mini indulgence” from an assortment of mini desserts in double shot glasses displayed tableside. 

Floataway Café. Looking to try something new and exotic? Check out this renovated warehouse-turned restaurant for some unique cuisine that’s constantly changing.

Looking for something close by?Head to the Virginia Highlands, Inman Park, or Little Five Points.

Virginia Highlands

La Tavola Trattoria. Classic Italian food for dinner and subs and salads for lunch…this place is great no matter what meal you go for.

Murphy’s. With a twist to an American palate, we know you’ll find a new variety of your favorites from home.
There’s a classy, comfortable feel, and you’ll be back for round two before you know it.

Noche. In the mood for tapas at a casual spot? This place is perfect to grab a small bite or try a few new plates. Not in the mood for tapas? Then stop by on Monday for $2 tacos!

Osteria 832. Pizza, Pasta, and made-to-order salads right in the center of the Virginia-Highlands. Affordable and delicious!

Yeah Burger (also located in Midtown). Specialty burgers made with all natural and organic ingredients! Choose your own meat, toppings, buns, and sauce or check out the new burger of the month!

Alon’s Bakery.  Adored by almost all Emory students, Alon’s is the go-to place for paninis, salads, and baked goods. Make your own or pick up something premade—there’s something for everyone here.

Inman Park

Fritti.  Upgrade your pizza from less-than-satisfying to a slice basically taken straight from Italy. Yeah, you
heard me—Fritti serves authentic Neopolitan pizza, certified by the Verace Pizza Napoletana Association. Their pizzas are unique, and they even serve dessert pizza…who doesn’t want nutella pizza to finish off their authentic Italian meal?  

Sotto Sotto.  Upscale Italian, romantic…and yes, pricy. But sooo worth it! Try any of their pastas, you cannot go wrong.

Pure Taqueria.  Delicious, traditional Mexican at a reasonable price…and don’t forget those margaritas!

Little Five Points

Vortex. Vortex has served Atlanta’s Best Burger since 1992! Check out the Vortex in Little 5 or in Midtown, with
over 20 different burgers plus you can make your own! Even if you don’t like hamburgers, any of these unique creations can be substituted for grilled chicken or a veggie burger.

Front Page News. The place to go for traditional and new American food with a New Orleans twist—you certainly can’t find this combination everywhere you go. Dine on the French Quarter style patio and you’ll be transported to New Orleans for the meal and return back to Atlanta as soon as you put your fork down.

Tijuana Garage. Dine on the patio or have a drink at the Tequila bar…25 original tacos and famous margaritas and sangria! Guacamole and salsa is home made three times a day!

Brunch – Come on, you’re in the south…you have to do the southern Sunday brunch.

Flying Biscuit. You cannot graduate Emory without trying the grits at this famous Atlanta restaurant. Where
else can you find fried mac n’ cheese, orange scented French toast, and the best grits in the south?

South City Kitchen. Fried green tomatoes, buttermilk fried chicken with waffles, and crab cake hash…hit up South City Kitchen for an authentic southern experience—sun dress and all.

Sweet Melissa’s. Located right in Decatur, Sweet Melissa’s is the perfect place for brunch. Live music on Sundays (take this into account before going if you’re hungover) and indoor and outdoor seating. The food is delicious and the environment is hip. Really, what could be better on a Sunday morning than a pecan-banana-nutella pancake?

J Christopher’s. Crepes, and waffles, and pancakes, oh my! With so many delicious options to choose from, you’ll have to explore this menu more than once.

Rise-n-Dine. The hottest spot in Emory Village on a Saturday or Sunday morning, this is a must-try for all Emory students. Not up for discussion.