Style > Beauty

7 Beauty Products for Surviving the Heat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Though I haven’t conducted any formal research, “it’s too hot” is probably one of the most-used phrases on Emory’s campus. The heat—not to mention the weather in general—in Atlanta can be extremely difficult to deal with, and it lasts well into the fall. No matter what you’re doing in this heat, from walking to class to a night out, it’s difficult to maintain your look. Here are seven of my favorite beauty products that can help you beat the heat:

1. Make Up Setting Spray: Make Up For Ever’s Mist & Fix

Makeup and sweat are never a good combination. This spray helps to set your makeup so it won’t run while you’re running around campus.

2. Oil Blotters: Boscia’s Fashionably Matte

Although some oil blotters are primarily used to treat acne, Boscia’s are targeted specifically towards makeup wearers. They help remove the oil (read: sweat) from your face without removing your makeup.

3. Styling Gel: Bumble and bumble’s Don’t Blow It

This gel is a miracle for the busy collegiette trying to avoid the humidity-induced frizz characteristic of the ATL. It helps your hair air-dry nicely!

4. Texture and Shine Spray: Bumble and bumble’s Surf Infusion

I have always been a fan of Bb’s Surf Spray, but this product adds the component of shine which, after a summer of sun, can be so helpful. It also creates “beach waves” without too much volume. (Another time-saver!)

5. Dry Shampoo: Batiste’s Dry Shampoo

With sweat comes oil, and oil on your scalp can make your hair look greasy and flat. On particularly hot days, using dry shampoo to remove some oil can really save your hairdo.

6. Lipstick – Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

Too much sun exposure can lead to chapped lips. So along with a ChapStick, I recommend this amazing “lipstick” that goes on smoothly, helps moisturize, and adds a tiny bit of color. This one is such a classic must-have that even my mom used it in college!

7. Nail Polish: Essie/NYC/Wet n’ Wild

With the Georgia heat comes sandals and open toed shoes, so self-pedicures are a necessity to look good from head to toe! I am a huge fan of Essie, (Bikini So Teeny, anyone?) but on a college budget, NYC and Wet n’ Wild are awesome alternatives.

Student at Emory University