5 Trends to Try: Festival Season Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Now that spring has officially come upon us, we are one step closer to warmer, longer, and sunnier days. That being said, we are also one step closer to the most Instagram-able season of the year. To clarify, I’m not referring to whichever frat formal you may be attending in April. I’m talking music festival season.

Before you imagine yourself plopping down on the grass with your watermelon slice in hand and friends beside you, ask yourself what you’re going to wear. Plan A could be to drive to the nearest Free People and buy everything they have. Plan B could be to get everything considered ‘boho-chic’ or ‘hipster’ at Urban. Plan C could be to go to American Apparel and grab every crop top and neon pair of shorts they’ve got. However, as you are a smart collegiette, you definitely know that there are better and more practical options out there.

So, when you’re rummaging through your closet and not buying out entire stores, keep your eye out for options that follow these five trends this season. In recent years, music festivals have been known to turn into celebrity fashion shows (Coachella, I’m looking at you), but even if you don’t have a flock of paparazzi following you around, you’ll still be the trendiest attendee.

Spice Market Colors

Kimono Style Outerwear

White Lace

Fringe

Blue + White

Her Campus at Emory University