This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

1. All of the cool themes that the sororities do.

From the beach to Woodstock to a rave, the sororities never fail to hit every awesome theme to welcome their newest members.

2. New members have the opportunity to meet all the girls they didn’t get to talk to during recruitment.

During recruitment, potential new members (PNM’s) had the opportunity to meet a handful of women in each sorority, but on bid day they get the chance to meet everyone in the sorority and really get to know everyone.

3. Two words: Free. Food.

Enough said.

4.  Two words: Free. Stuff.

5. It’s the best day not only for new members but also for actives. Our hard work from recruitment pays off when we finally get to meet all of our amazing new members!

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.