This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It has already been three weeks since the start of the school year, and the heat just doesn’t seem to end.  If you’re coming from the Northeast (which is basically all of Emory – looking at you Long Island) you may be wondering: when will Fall start???

Well, have no fear… As mid-September approaches, temperatures start to drop (to a “cool” 80 degrees) and before you know it, it’ll be time to whip out those cute booties you’ve been dying to wear out!

In anticipation for the cooler weather, let’s remind ourselves of 5 reasons why we should get excited for the fall.

Jeans

Anyone sick of wearing shorts yet? Fall relieves the hassle of constantly shaving and waxing your legs- just throw on your favorite pair of Levi’s and you’re ready to go! 

Booties

Remember that adorable pair of black booties you bought in the middle of August during Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale? No? Well, I do. I’ve been waiting too long to whip out my new babies, and there are only a few more weeks to go before wearing booties at night is both socially acceptable AND won’t cause you to have a heat stroke. Booties go with any outfit, for day and night, and will always make an outfit look more put together and sophisticated. I recommend stocking up on them for any occasion. 

Sweaters

Sweaters bring out the New York in me. Who doesn’t love a cozy, soft sweater paired with your favorite jeans and cute black booties? You will not have to freeze while getting food at the DUC anymore! And with all the different sweater styles, ranging from peplums to cardigans to flyways, there are always going to be options for people with various tastes.

Dresses & Tights

Ahhh, the classic Blair Waldorf combo. Who doesn’t look super chic while rocking an adorable sweater dress, black tights, and a pair of boots? This outfit takes less than five minutes to put on, and people will be complimenting you on it the whole day.  

Scarves

Scarves are amazing because they literally make any outfit look like you put actual time into it. Even if you roll out of bed 10 minutes before your 9 a.m. class, adding a scarf to your v-neck and leggings combo will perfect your outfit. Tip: Scarves can also be used as shawls when in a cold room; I personally always wrap my scarves around my shoulders because I am perpetually freezing.    

Well, I hope this has gotten you excited for fall weather and clothing! The days of changing outfits multiple times due to sweat will end soon… But in the meantime enjoy the hot weather, and get in a tan before it ends!

Her Campus at Emory University