This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

We’ve made it—to that point in the year where things get weird. Now that Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentine’s Day are over, all we really want now is summer. I mean, there’s St. Patrick’s Day, but for most, that’s just a typical Saturday night except you’re wearing all green. So what are we supposed to do for the next three months or so?

Here are some goals to set for yourself in the meantime to keep on your game before the big summer blowout.

1.     Be Proactive!

Get back on your bullshark! Don’t forget to keep up with your main routine and stay involved whether at work or at school. Being proactive and present in your everyday life is important at all times of the year, but involving yourself in different activities and events will keep you busy until summer hits!

2.     Exercise!

If summer is coming, you know what that means…

Exercising does not have to be a chore; it can actually be so much fun! Take advantage of offered classes and events around you. Heading to Zumba or Yoga with the girls is a great way to have fun while getting your bikini body all toned and ready.

3.     Explore Your Town

Dig deep into the local areas and nooks of your town. TIme to spare calls for exploration! Learn a little bit more about the place you live, especially while you are away from home. Maybe check out some places in your college town that you’ve never been to before. Or just drive around with no GPS at all—you’ll learn the streets a little bit better and maybe even find a shortcut or two! Use this time to find a new brunch spot or study hub. It’s been waiting for you!

4.     Try Something New

Whether it’s a TV show, movie, workout class or even clothing line, find something new to incorporate into your life. It is so much fun to find something new and fall in love with it, as it adds new life in to your day! Become addicted to a whole new idea or event, and get back to me later.

Yes, it can be food.

5.     Surround Yourself with Happiness

That’s right: be ruthless. You don’t have time in your life to spend dealing with difficult people who aren’t making you happy. Be selfish! Let the people who are dragging you down more than they’re lifting you up go, and thank me later.

Summer, we are coming to see you soon! And when we arrive, we’ll hopefully have tackled a few new things that will make us all the more organically us. Life is short. Months fly by and seasons come and go. But you are still you, and that is all that matters!

Go get’em.

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.