4 Pieces You Need for Your 70’s Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The 70’s are back. Whether it’s fringe or suede, the psychedelic decade is all over the runway. Featured in Valentino, Sonia Rykiel, and Jason Wu, this season highlights bohemian floral prints and hippy, round-frame specs. If you’re going back to school or trying to update your closet, here are the essential pieces you need this fall for the 70’s revival.

1. Denim skirt

The denim skirt is a closet staple, but this season midi and even maxi are the lengths to look for. Along with front buttons, a darker wash and more distinct seam lines, the denim skirt has been revamped. Pair it with suede, lace-up sandals and a button-down shirt for a more relaxed look.

A few ideas:

AG Jeans The Kety LonestarGlamorous of One Mind Denim Maxi SkirtH&M Denim Skirt

2. Peasant blouse

The peasant blouse is the most versatile piece—wear it to a bar on a girl’s night out or throw it on for a busy day running errands. This hippy top looks great in white for a “chill vibes only” feel as well as black for a sexier mood. Wear it with blue jeans during the day or a suede skirt at night.

Derek Lam 10 CrosbyZara Velvet Combined BlouseASOS Tie Detail 70s Folk Blouse

3. Long sleeved dress

Nothing says bohemian goddess like a flowy dress. Whether it’s patchwork or paisley, a patterned piece will make the ultimate statement. The long sleeves are the perfect transition to fall weather. Wear it with suede boots and silver hoops and you’ll be grooving down the runway in no time.

For Love & Lemons Barcelona Maxi DressNasty Gal Wanderer Lace DressTopshop Tie-Neck Tunic Dress

4. Wide-leg trousers

Put your best foot forward and unleash your free spirit in these wide-leg pants. Flared and fabulous, these pants have come back from Woodstock and straight onto the runway. Trade in your collection of skinny jeans for the ultimate supply of wide-leg trousers. They’re a must-pair with funky, heeled boots and a long-sleeved tee.

Wilfred Free De Brauw PantCooperative Patsy Flare PantASOS Woven Wide Leg Pant with Pleated Waist

Sophomore from New York City at Emory University