15 Reasons to be happy RIGHT NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

1)   It’s finally warm! And sunny! No more sad, Seasonal Affective Disorder these days.

2)   Even if you’re cooped up in the stacks, you probably have a nice tan from spring break—or at least, you can get out of the libs and bring your books to McDonough for a little tanning this very second!

3)   DOOLEY’S WEEK.

4)   And more specifically, Dooley’s Ball with Alesso and the Spring Band party with Ben Folds.

5)   Clairmont pool reopens April 1st. More locations to tan is always a good thing.

6)   The Hunger Games movie just came out… with all the hype it’s been getting, it’s gotta be a must-see.

7)   “Call me, maybe”—yeah, it’s not going to win any Grammys, but it is so flippin’ catchy! Listening to it when you wake up is sure to put you in a good mood for the rest of the day.

8)   Even if you’re a senior, pause for a second and just appreciate that you’re in college. Your little brother wakes up at 6:30 to get ready for school and probs has mad acne, but you might not even have classes on Friday. And you don’t live with Mom.

9)   Formal Season!!! As if you didn’t get enough PCB over break.

10)   Holla if you love your roomie! Or else, holla if you love your next-semester roomie.

11)   Midterms are wrapping up and summertime is fast approaching.

12)  Target has their brand-new, inexpensive and amazingly cute swimwear out now! This bandeau top is only $15, and there are tons more options.

13)    Yeah, you’ve seen this a million and one times, but you have to admit, it never gets old.

14)    Just listen to this upbeat playlist, with artists like Passion Pit, Naked and the Famous, and more.

15)  And last of all… be thankful. You go to a top twenty school. You live in America. You will never be on the show Sixteen and Pregnant. Think about it; life is good.

Allison is a senior at Emory University studying Journalism and the rather complicated major of Interdisciplinary Studies: Visual Studies and Contemporary Cultures. She is slightly obsessed with magazines and has written and edited for Her Campus since its start at Emory her freshman year. At Emory she can generally be found giving tours to prospies, hanging with her ADPi sisters, DJ-ing with WMRE and om-ing in yoga classes. Allison enjoys music, drawing, and fashion, and like most college students she is completely addicted to coffee. After graduation she wants to work in public relations or marketing, but her secret dream is to become Lena Dunham. Follow her on Twitter: @alldayallison
Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).