Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day If You’re Single AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

1. Self-care, self-care, self-care!

Treat yourself to a classic bubble bath. Bath bombs, wine, music – the works! Maybe even throw in a face mask and hair mask – don’t hold back! 

2. Ice Cream (AKA happiness)

Nothing says single AF like staying home and binge-watching rom-coms alone on Valentine’s day! But are you really alone if you are with your two favorite men, Ben & Jerry?

3. Sit and swipe with your friends

I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say you are not the only single one out there! Why not have friends over and sit and swipe together. Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, Grindr and whatever other apps the cool kids are using these days are a great way to meet new people – both friends and S/O’s. Who knows, maybe you’ll find “the one” and not have to spend next year’s V-day alone.

4.  Do your homework

People sometimes forget that Valentine’s day is still a regular day of the week. Whether it is a day filled with extra fun and romance or not, life still goes on. There is a good chance you’re teachers didn’t love you enough to not give you assignments, so you might as well finish them so you can have fun some other day!

5. Eat your weight in chocolate

I’m not sure that this one needs explanation – chocolate can pretty much cure anything.

6. Make a grocery list of all the sale Valentines’ candy you’re going to purchase tomorrow

Remember all that heart-shaped candy you’ve been sighing at as you walk past the Valentine’s section in CVS and Kroger? Well once Valentine’s is over that array or Hershey’s Kisses and teddy bears go on sale. I recommend you start planning your shopping spree, and if done right you shouldn’t need to buy candy for a good portion of the year!

7. Clean

At least your apartment will be pretty and that’s a plus, right?

8.  Make Valentine’s

Why not make Valentine’s for all your other single AF friends so they know that someone loves them? Or tbh just make Valentine’s for everyone, everyone could do with some love!

9. Remind yourself that self-love is the most important form of love

I know it sounds cheesy, but loving yourself is the most important thing in the world. Take some time and do things that you love to do but might not normally have time for.

10. Begin counting down till next years valentines day and make plans just in case your single AF again then

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.