The 10 Unavoidable People You’ll Find on Your Floor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

A college dormitory essentially functions as an ecosystem. Every member of a hall plays a vital role in creating the dorm life experience. When you spend approximately nine months with a group of people, each individual acquires a job that they are expected to perform each and every day. Chances are that these 10 people probably live in your dorm.

1. The guy who always wants to Postmate Chipotle.

2. The girl who is constantly watching Netflix.

3. The guy who borrows your stuff without asking first.

4. The girl who never hangs out in your hall.

5. The guy who is always looking for someone to play video games. 

6. The girl who borrowed your socks for her Halloween costume three months ago, and now that you come to think of it, never returned them to you.

7. The guy who never has a shirt on.

8. The girl who has lab work, a job as a tour guide, a leadership position in a community service organization, and basically the entire campus wired. 

9. The guy who is always playing loud music during quiet hours.

10. The girl that reminds you that you forgot to go to the gym again today. 

Now that you’ve been living in the same dorm for longer than one semester, you’re probably able to identify all of these people pretty easily; after all, they’ve become an integral part of your dorm life. Just remember: as strange as some of them may be, you’ll actually miss these people once you move out!

Cayla is a freshman at Emory University studying English and Media Studies. Her hobbies include editing photos of food and going on long walks on the beach. She can usually be found re-organizing her room, promoting gender equality, or talking about her amazing taste in music. You can follow Cayla on her Instragram @caylabam. 
Her Campus at Emory University