This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Sadly, school has begun and we are already scheduling our #tbt Instagram posts of lounging by the pool and longing for the times of no homework or responsibilities. But, after Summer, comes FALL, which is only my favorite season of the year!! Fall means sweater weather, hot chocolate (or PSL if you’re that type of girl), warm scented candles, and much, much more. So, let’s take a glance into the future season and see what events we can look forward to!

1. Refinery29 29 Rooms (8/29-9/8)

Refinery29, one of the biggest media and entertainment companies to exist doesn’t only provide relevant content online but also has created a pop-up event called 29 rooms. Featuring 29 distinct activations, 29 rooms is a magical wonderland where artists have used their space to share some aspect of their creativity, brand, and vision. Since there are only a few days left to explore these one-of-a-kind rooms in Atlanta, you now have plans for next weekend. Your welcome! 

2. Music Midtown (9/14-9/15)

So, in a couple of weeks, when you’re walking around Emory’s campus and wondering where everyone is, the answer is Music Midtown at Piedmont Park. This year’s lineup features headliners Cardi B, Panic at the Disco!, Travis Scott, Vampire Weekend, and Billie Eilish along with the sensational Lizzo, Charlie Puth, and more. If you haven’t already bought your tickets, GO, NOW, that way you can start planning your Euphoria-inspired glittertastic hair and makeup to go with your festival wardrobe. 

3. Atlanta Beltline Lantern Parade (9/21)

If you want to see creativity at its finest, then the Beltline Lantern Parade is the place for you. Not only are there the generic circular Chinese lanterns and other small lanterns but also the most amazing and larger than life lanterns that people wear as hats or backpacks that soar high above the crowd marching along the Beltline. To get a head start, the Carlos Museum will be hosting a lantern workshop on 9/6 so please don’t be like me and show up empty handed!

4. Fall Festival in Candler Park (10/5)

Atlanta’s favorite neighborhood festival is here: Fall Festival in Candler Park. Whether you want to stroll through the artist market and find unique crafts, eat from one of the many delicious food trucks, tour charming Atlanta homes, enjoy live music, or participate in the 5k and fun run, the Fall Festival in Candler Park has something for everyone. Plus, all sweaters, boots, and scarves are welcome-it’s FALL!!

5. Atlanta Pride Festival (10/11-10/13)

In honor of National Coming Out Day (October 11th), Atlanta celebrates with the Atlanta Pride Festival, a weekend-long event featuring multiple marches for many different communities, all leading up to the Atlanta Pride Parade. So, Atlanta, grab your rainbow flags, the squad, and get ready to dance through the streets!

6. Little 5 Points Halloween Festival & Parade (10/19)

Fall doesn’t just mean crunching leaves and snuggling in cozy blankets, but it also means spooky season is back in session. That’s right, Halloween is just around the corner, so not only is it time to make that Pinterest costume board, but it’s also time to join the fun at Little 5 Points Halloween Festival & Parade. This festival is an excuse to visit Little 5 Points and embrace one of the most unique cultures in Atlanta. Vinyl record stores, coffee shops, restaurants, tattoo parlors, Little 5 Points has it all plus live entertainment and food vendors. Costumes encouraged!

7. Taste of Atlanta  (10/18-10/20)

Do you want fried chicken, pizza, tapas, cookie dough, poke bowls, naan, beignets, cheesteakes, gelato, or even Waffle House? Because Taste of Atlanta has it all and I mean ALL OF IT. In addition to the main festival of restaurants, there is also a Chef’s Table experience, kitchen workshops, and a concert with food trucks. So, are you hungry?

8. Six Flags FrightFest (9/21-11/2)

What’s better than going to Six Flags? Going to Six Flags during Fright Fest. Not only do you get to go on all the crazy rides and enjoy the thrills the park has to offer during the day, but also at night, the park is flooded with zombies and other spooky creatures ready to scare the living daylight out of you. Haunted houses and additional scare zones are ready to go, so be ready to scream. Boo!

9. Jonas Brothers Concert (11/19)

SOS. Someone please help me because I’m burnin’ up, and I don’t know how to stop being in love with 3 brothers who are all happily married. That’s right, the Jonas Brothers are back and better than ever. Returning to Atlanta for their second show, the Jonas Brothers are ready to sing their hearts out, entertain their fans who have been waiting years for this reunion, and simultaneously crush their dreams as they see all 3 brothers flaunt their purity wedding rings.

10. Skate the Station

Ok. If you absolutely, positively, cannot wait for Fall to be over and you need that glimmer of ‘tis the season, then 1) we can’t be friends and 2) skate the station hears you. Forget about Halloween and Thanksgiving, you are ready for THE holiday season of the year and what better way to reign it in than ice skating under the twinkly lights at Atlantic Station. Grab your mittens and coats, it’s time for Winter, unless Hotlanta has other plans…TBD. 

Laura is a current senior at Emory University (Class of 2020) studying psychology and linguistics. When not watching The Bachelor or teen tv dramas, Laura can be found playing tennis with her friends, sipping on her white mocha in Starbucks, or rocking out to Taylor Swift. Laura hopes to combine her love for entertainment with her love for making memories and bringing joy to people by becoming an event planner in the entertainment industry.
Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.