This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

We can all cheer now that winter break is just around the corner! You should be proud of everything you have accomplished this semester, and deserve a break. If you’re anything like me, you may enjoy the break but after a couple of days of decompressing and doing absolutely nothing, you start to get antsy. Like if you were to spend another day in bed you might lose your mind. Luckily I have some tips and tricks that will help you get through the break feeling productive. 

1. Go to the Gym

Going to the gym is an important part of my winter break routine. It’s also easier for me to go because I’m not so tired from all the schoolwork. The gym can be your safe space to just listen to music and workout. If you’re thinking about starting your gym journey make sure to read my previous article “How To Enter Your Gym Girl Era” to get started! 

1. Read a book

During the semester I feel like I never have any time to or I am just way too tired to read. So during the break, I like to prioritize reading and probably read about 4-5 throughout the break. If you like romance I suggest Elle Kennedy’s Off-Campus series but if it’s not your cup of tea try recommendations from TikTok!

1. Clean

I know this one doesn’t sound like fun but it is so beneficial. I usually clean out my closet to donate things to start the new year and semester fresh. Not only that it gives you an excuse to go shopping with your friends when you’re back on campus. It is also so productive and can help clear your head. When your space is clean, you may feel better mentally. 

1. Start a new show

This is kind of like #2 on the list, because again I don’t have time to binge-watch shows so this is your time. Watching a show allows you to turn off your brain for a bit and just get invested in a whole new world. I’m waiting till break to watch Netflix’s new show My Life with the Walter Boys. If shows aren’t your thing maybe a movie, The Hunger Games was the last movie series I watched because of the new film that just came out in theaters.

Now with this list, if you ever feel bored during break you will have some ideas. I hope everyone enjoys this much needed break!

Julianna Roa

Emmanuel '25

I am the event coordinator of Her Campus at Emmanuel College. I am 20 years old, Colombian and play soccer at Emmanuel. I am currently a junior with a major in Communications and a minor Marketing. I love to workout and am always working on being the best version of myself.