This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Disney+ is here and winter break is just around the corner. Too overwhelmed by the many choices and can’t decide what to watch first? Here is a guide to help you get started! Who needs to study for finals when you can watch Disney all day?

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

It’s a mouthful, I know, but If “High School Musical” and “The Office” had a lovechild, it would be this show. I’ll admit I was upset when they announced this show. How could it possibly compare to the original movies? They are works of art after all. But I love it. It’s about the school where the original movies were filmed putting on “High School Musical” as their musical that year. The show is meta and it knows its meta. It’s meta mind blowing. The new music is great and the show is not trying to be a remake. It’s super fun and if you miss Troy, Gaberella, and the rest of the Wildcats, you’ll love Nini, Ricky and the rest of the new characters.

Tangled: The Series 

“Tangled” is superior to “Frozen” and no one can change my mind. I will never get over “Tangled” not getting a sequel, but this show is probably better than what any movie could do. The series takes place right after the movie and before the “Tangled Ever After” short. The series follows Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, Maximus, and their new friends from the palace as they discover why Rapunzel’s hair has magically grown back and the mysterious happenings occurring beyond the Kingdom of Corona. This show also reminds me why no one will ever love me like how Eugene Fitzherbert loves Rapunzel. Also, there are new songs!

Noelle

If you need to get into the Christmas spirit, this movie might just do the trick. It stars Anna Kendrick as Santa’s daughter as she tries to save Christmas. Bill Hader, Billy Eichner, and Shirley Mclaine are also in it, so you will be laughing out loud the entire time. Its wholesome and will warm your heart. Come for Anna Kendrick, and stay for Snowcone the baby reindeer. Its officially December, so you have no excuse to not watch it. Happy Holidays!

Lizzie McGuire

Relive your childhood while getting ready for the new Lizzie revival! Let Lizzie’s inner conscious be your guide in the new year. I’m still in awe how there were only 2 seasons and a movie. I could of sworn that there was more, but I guess that proves how iconic and memorable this show really was. This just means it will be easy to binge. The movie is also on Disney+, truly what dreams are made of!

Encore

Calling all theatre kids! Reminisce about your high school theatre days, while watching old theatre troops getting together to perform their own past high school shows. The show is hosted be the one and only Kristen Bell and will make you miss all the drama from your old drama club. You will cry, laugh, and sing and dance along.

The Mandalorian

Baby Yoda is the only reason you need to watch this.

Caroline Ferrari is a senior at Emmanuel College and is majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Politcal Communication and Writing. She is the Treasurer for Her Campus even though numbers have scared her since 4th grade math class. She is the pop culture expert on her family's trivia team and her Netflix account is her most prized possession. Her ultimate dream is to work for Entertainment Weekly so people have no choice but to listen to her opinions on movies and tv shows.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.