1 Ariesjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
1 Ariesjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Megan Charles

What Does Aries Season Mean? How Can We Channel Aries Energy this Season?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Aries season is the official start of the new astrological year. Aries season began March 19 and ends April 19, meaning we only have a little more time before Aries season ends and it’s time to channel Aries’s infectious spirit.

For many, what I just explained above may make no sense, so I am going to break down astrology for those who may be confused. By definition, astrology is a type of “divination that involves the forecasting of earthly and human events through the observation and interpretation of fixed stars, the Sun, the Moon, and the planets.”There are twelve different astrological signs, every sign having about a month of time before moving onto the next.

You can determine your main zodiac sign, also known as your sun sign, according to your date of birth and the placement of the sun during that time. For example, if the sun was positioned in the sign of Taurus when you were born, then Taurus is your sun sign. There are certain qualities associated with Taurus that you may resonate with if you are a Taurus. 

The twelve astrological signs in order are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagitarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. These twelve signs are split up into four different elements, fire, earth, air, and water. The three fire signs are Aries, Leo, and Sagitarrius; the three earth signs are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn;  the three air signs are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius; the three water signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. The elements and their astrology signs can help understand the qualities of each of these signs that are under a certain element. For example, fire sign people may be similar to the element of fire in that they have big personalities, earth signs may be very grounded, air signs are communicators and always on the go, and water signs are very deep and emotional.

Because we are in Aries season, we are also in a fire sign month. Fire signs are notorious for qualities like being energetic, fiery, competitive, and creative. Just because you may not be a fire sign or an Aries, you can still use their qualities and channel them this Aries season.

Aries is ruled by the planet Mars and its symbol is the ram. Mars is the planet that represents passion, energy, war, and desire. The symbol of the charging ram represents all the qualities of  Aries. Aries is also considered the baby of all the astrology signs because it is technically the first sign of the zodiac year.

Although Aries have many desirable qualities to them, like any astrological signs, they have their faults. Aries can be stubborn, bad-tempered, impatient, and too competitive. Throughout Aries season however, all astrological signs can use and reflect Aries qualities. 

Aries are natural born leaders, so while there is still time left before the sun moves into Taurus, we can all embrace this fiery month by taking action and not being afraid of a challenge.

Here are some tips for making the most out of the rest of Aries season, from an Aries:

1.) Initiate projects or relationships and don’t be afraid of the precautions–true Aries style! 

2.) Acknowledge when you’re angry. Accept it but don’t dwell on it

3.) Use your imagination, Aries are creative and imaginative (child-like) so tune in to your inner child.

Enjoy the rest of the first month of the start of this new zodiac year!

Julie Donegan

Emmanuel '24

Julie is a current freshman at Emmanuel College currently majoring in Communications and Media Studies with a minor in Marketing.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.