This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

As millennials, we are pretty much attached to our smartphones, so we might as well use them to our advantage! While smartphones are great for entertainment, they have many tools that can help us all stay a little more organized. Here are some ways to utilize your smartphone to keep your day to day life in check.

1. Don’t Forget About the Calendar

Planners are great, but smartphones have one built in! The calendar feature can be used to plug in events, meetings, work schedule, and even class times. It can also be used to set reminders. The calendar is a great way to ensure that you never miss an important date.

2. Email Apps

Most college students have various email addresses. Smartphones come with a built in email app, but to make sure that you are getting notifications for all of your important emails, sites like Google and Yahoo also have their own apps. Having multiple apps makes it easier to keep track of your professional, school, and personal email address accounts.

3. Set Timers

Do you easily become distracted from your work? Do you spend too much time on one task? Setting timers can help with sticking to time limits. With only 24 hours in a day, sticking to time limits is imperative to making sure that you accomplish all of your tasks.

4. Use the Notes Feature

Speaking of tasks, use the notes feature to write your to-do lists. Writing down a to-do list at night can help clear your mind before bed, and make sure that you don’t forget anything the next day. If you have your to-do list in your phone, you will always have it with you!

5. Multi-task

Having a smartphone makes it much easier to multitask. With a smartphone, you can accomplish a lot while on the go. Send emails, listen to an audiobook, and mobile order your coffee on the way to class.

With these simple tips, you’ll be feeling much more prepared to conquer each day!

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.