This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Although I am much newer to the world of skin care regimens and using face washes other than the Clean and Clear that my favorite Internet personalities told me to use when I was 13, I have been a fan of makeup for a while and was constantly looking for a brand that I truly loved. Out of all of the makeup and now skin care brands I have tried, Glossier is my favorite. I love more natural makeup looks for an everyday basis, and I’m lucky in that my skin isn’t bad enough to need an intense routine, so this brand is perfect for me. Glossier also is cruelty free and all their products are vegan, which makes me feel so much better about what I am putting on my skin and the brand that I am investing money into. Not only this, but I am a huge sucker for packaging and the light-pink branding is totally up my alley and all of the products look so cute on my bathroom shelf.

While I know that some of these products are a bit more expensive than drugstore alternatives, so many of them have become permanent staples in my daily routine that I feel comfortable including in my budgeting. If you are new to the brand or just looking for new products, these are my top 5 Glossier products that are worth the money and I believe are essentials.

1. Balm Dotcom ($12)

This lip salve is one of Glossier’s most popular and well-known products for a reason. With 8 different flavors to choose from, this lip balm is a staple for me. As someone with dry skin (with lips included!), it makes my lips feel so soft and smooth, lasting through any eating, drinking, or talking I might be doing. I keep one in my everyday bag, one in my backpack, and one on my vanity at home, with my favorite being the cherry because of the slight red tint it gives my lips. Although a bit pricerier than other lip balms, this one is totally worth the $12 price tag and I will be continuing to repurchase it.

2. Boy Brow ($16)

I have naturally bushy eyebrows and have never been someone who likes to fill them in. Some brow pencils or pomades are too harsh for my liking but this product is perfect. Glossier’s Boy Brow is a tinted eyebrow gel that gives your eyebrows just enough tint and structure that they stay put all day but still have their natural look without the stiffness of other gels. Soap brows have been incredibly trendy right now and this product would be perfect in achieving this look! Humble brag moment, but  I love when people compliment my brows and ask how I did them and all I say is this one product that I swear by.

3. Milk Jelly Cleanser ($18)

As I mentioned previously, I am lucky in the way that my skin has been pretty under control in terms of acne after reaching my late teens, but I still get a zit or two sometimes, especially with mask-acne being a major issue right now, so I love this cleanser as a lightweight wash. Both safe for eyes and pH-balanced to work on even the most sensitive skin, this cleanser leaves me feeling refreshed and clean whenever I use it. After using it twice a day for about 8 months now, I have noticed my skin has gotten considerably softer and brighter. Again, while it is slightly pricier than drugstore cleansers, it is so worth the price and is perfect for people with less severe skin difficulties.

4. Cloud Paint ($18)

Glossier Cloud Paint is their version of a cream blush. Coming in 8 different shades that are shown online on multiple different skin tones, this blush is perfect for anyone (my favorite shade is the light peach color called Beam!). I love how easy it is to apply with my finger or a sponge and the color it gives my cheeks. I have used this product with and without foundation and it looks soft and natural either way! The one thing I will mention is that it is VERY pigmented so start out with less than you think you need and build it up from there.

5. Milky Oil ($12)

This product is Glossier’s makeup removing oil and I love it! After trying to move away from using single-use wipes, I tried multiple removing oils and fell in love with this one. It is perfect at getting off waterproof eyeliner and mascara, and even pesky red lipsticks that otherwise would have stained my lips for a day or two after. While the bottle is small, I have found it lasts far longer if I put a drop or two on my hands and rub it in that way before doing a final swipe of my face with a cotton round. This keeps more product on my face to do its job and less gets absorbed into the cotton!

While I own far more products from this brand and could go on forever about my support, these are just the 5 essentials that I recommend everyone starting out with Glossier tries. Though they are an online-only brand as of right now, everything is packaged in reusable pink bubble bags that are perfect for travel! Plus, each order comes with a free sticker and who doesn’t love free stickers?

Madyn is a senior at Emmanuel College and studying English with a focus in writing and communications, as well as pursuing an art history minor. She loves all things vintage, Hozier, One Direction, and her cats. She is the 2021-2022 President for the Emmanuel College chapter!
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.