Sunny Activities at Emmanuel: Things To Do Around Fenway Now That It’s Warming Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It’s been a tough and long winter in Boston, and I know many students have been long awaiting this nice weather that has finally shown up. Although New England’s weather can really go up and down without much warning, it seems like we’ve finally turned a corner and there are sunnier days ahead! It’s easy to forget how much there is to do on campus when it’s warm, especially when you’ve been holed up inside for half the year. Here are just a few things you can do at Emmanuel now that the sun is out! 

1. Rent out sports equipment from the JYC front desk

Many students don’t know, but you can exchange your ID for equipment like spikeball, basketballs, etc. It’s a great opportunity to grab a few friends and spend time outside.

1. Homework on the quad

Although the weather is getting nicer, finals are looming and that means a lot of us don’t have the extra time to lounge outside. However I know for me personally, any time I get to spend in the sun or outside makes me feel much less stressed. So even if you have tons of work, set up your laptop on the quad!

1. Picnic at Evans Way

Our plentiful parks by Emmanuel don’t get much use during the winter months, so definitely take the opportunity to utilize them in the upcoming weeks. Evan’s Way is one of my favorites, because it has lots of shade and benches!

1. Red Sox game

One of the best perks of going to school at Emmanuel is definitely being a ten minute walk from Fenway park. Student 9s  are an amazing way to get cheap tickets for a game: just sign up for the texts and you’ll be notified as soon as they’re available. Going to a game and getting a Fenway Frank is a crucial part of summer in Boston!

Aine Hoye

Emmanuel '25

Aine is the editor of Emmanuel College's Her Campus chapter. She's an English major, and loves reading in her free time. HC has been a huge part of her life since her first year of college, and she's loved every minute!