This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

The 66th annual Grammy Awards was broadcasted on Feburary 4th.From Miley Cyrus winning her first two awards at the show, to Taylor Swift announcing her 11th studio album The Tortured Poet’s Department, and rapper Killer Mike getting arrested after winning 3 awards, there is much to talk about. The looks on the red carpet raised some conversation as well. 

Some of my favorite outfits included: 

Taylor Swift who was stunning in a white floor length gown by Schiaparelli. The thigh-high split and strapless neckline paired with black suede gloves perfectly depicted the aesthetic for her upcoming album release. 

Tablemate Lana Del Rey was on trend, and appeared on the carpet in various bows. Her black knee-length dress spoke elegance with the puffy black sleeves along with her notorious bangs.

Miley Cyrus appeared with a 70s style blowout and a dress made from 14,000 safety pins. The gold outfit was paired with gold Christian Louboutin anklets and pumps. Despite what users of X said, I personally loved the look and her Tina Turner tribute.

Paris Hilton also attended the award show in a dress that gave off mermaid vibes. The dress was bedazzled in aquamarine sequins and styled with a classic straight blonde hair look. The new mom looked absolutely gorgeous. 

Boygenius looked absolutely adorable in their matching white linen suits paired with pink carnations. Very senior prom-esque. 

I was also left disappointed with a few looks on the carpet. 

Chrissy Teigan appeared alongside husband John Legend in a short black top, pink skirt romper dress. It was rather boring considering her past red carpet get-ups. 

Dua Lipa showed up to the event in a silver steel looking deep V dress. SHe looked beautiful, however, it reminded me too much of Zendaya’s 2016 Met Gala look. I was hoping for something more original. 

Finally, Coi Leray’s outfit struck me as strange. Supporting a chick black bodysuit, Leray also carried a lime green feathered jacket. Together, I think the outfit would’ve been a hit, but the awkwardness of carrying a large jacket threw off the whole look for me. 

The Grammy’s red carpet is a place where elegance meets risk. This year I think there was a fair balance of the two, with some stand outs along with some let downs. I am curious to see how the film industry follows up with their red carpet looks at the 96th Oscar Awards.

Maryssa Crosier

Emmanuel '27

Hey! I am Maryssa and I am an elementary education/liberal studies double major! I am a first year at Emmanuel College with plans to graduate in 2027. In my free time I love to listen to music, read, and explore Boston!