david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Official Ranking of the Halloweentown Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Halloweentown first aired in 1998. This is a staple for any countdown to Halloween movie events on Disney or ABC (now Freeform). Of course all the movies in the franchise are amazing, there is always a favorite.

1. Halloweentown High (2004)

Gif courtesy of Giphy

This is by far the best one in the series! We not only got to learn more about Marnie being a witch, but we got to get to know so many other people from Halloweentown. How else was I supposed to know that werewolves are actually vegetarian? Or Ogres are actually kind, and prefer collecting stamps instead fighting? Plus the plot twist in which the Principal is actually trying to kill his students! WTF! Who was expecting that?!

2. Halloweentown (1998)

Gif courtesy of Giphy

The OG! The first introduction to the Halloweentown universe. Sophie is by far the coolest character in this movie. She is just swimming with powers, but acts like it is nothing. Without Dylan, Arbor Day would be forgotten by most each year, but “trees are important too you know”. Who was surprised when the creepy mayor, who can’t even say Sophie, turns out to be Kalabar? ME!! All the signs pointed to him, yet I was fooled.

3. Return to Halloweentown (2006)

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Okay so this one has one of my favorite story lines, but it is third on the list because they REPLACED MARNIE! Marnie was amazing and she should have been in this movie, but I also loved the new Marnie as well. The music in this one was phenomenal!! And thank goodness Dylan didn’t stay stuck as a dog, he is an annoying brother, but what brother isn’t. The time traveling to the renaissance part was by far the best part of the whole series!

4. Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge (2001)

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Although I do not prefer this movie, you cannot watch the Halloweentown movies without it. It bores me, the storyline is lackluster and very predictable. Besides the fact that Kal and Marnie are together in real life, his character was forgettable. Also the ending when the Cromwells work together to open the portal, such a Disney movie ending.  But yet I still love it!

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Debbie Reynolds was a gift to this franchise! By far the best Halloween series the world will ever be graced with! Please rewatch it right now, and any time you need to believe in magic!

I am a junior at Emmanuel College. I am a math major that also loves writing (weird I know). I hope that my articles can add a little light to your day, because they will probably not be educational!
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.