This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

I am going to be honest, going to school within walking distance of Boston’s Newbury Street is both a blessing and a curse. Don’t get me wrong, Newbury Street is so aesthetically pleasing. Who wouldn’t want to be in close proximity to cute boutiques, shops, and restaurants? But, this exciting retail destination is also where my debit card goes to die; the amount of money I have spent on this street is genuinely terrifying. A particular store in Newbury in which my debit card has been “overworked” is Zara. 

Zara, originally from Spain, is a clothing store for women and men. This store has great basics for your wardrobe, but at the same time features daring pieces that make you stand out from the crowd and helps you express your own personal style. The line to get in is almost always out the door, as women and men patiently wait for their opportunity to buy the newest pieces and trends. Since my return to campus, I have bought some great pieces that I would love to share. 

#1 CUT OUT DRESS ($25.90)

This dress is the perfect staple piece for fall. The color itself, a chocolate brown, screams autumn. Not only the color, but this is genuinely the most flattering dress I own. I think this is due to the cutouts on the side that cinch the dress in a way that flatters anyone wearing it. I usually don’t go for dresses like this, but once I tried it on, I had to have it. I was practically jumping up and down in the dressing room. The quality is great and for a price of $25.90, it is a steal!

#2 RIBBED POLO ($17.90)

This top is my go-to night-out top. I absolutely love long sleeves but I have a constant fear of being too hot when I wear them. This material keeps you warm, but at the same time is still lightweight. My favorite part about this top is the collar. Recently, I have been really into the collared look. The addition of the collar elevates it from being just a normal plain top to something special. I bought this top in blue, but I definitely will be going back to get this in more colors.

#3 OVERSIZED DOUBLE BREASTED JACKET ($69.90)

Blazers are perfect for the colder months we are about to endure (yay!). Blazers really spice up an outfit, and honestly, I just feel like the ultimate girl boss when I wear one. My ego probably gets way too big. I bought this black blazer for fall and winter and I can’t wait to wear it! I am mostly looking forward to styling this blazer with sweaters and turtlenecks. Now, although this blazer was on the pricier side, I think it will be a staple piece in my closet for a long time. 

#4 WIDE LEG JEANS ($49.90)

Zara jeans are literally my holy grail of jeans. I genuinely think I will never buy jeans anywhere else. I love the way these jeans fit on my body and they come in so many styles and washes. They have wide-leg jeans, skinny jeans, straight jeans, mom jeans, and jeans with rips in them. My point is that if you want a specific style, there is a good chance that Zara has it! My go-to style is wide-leg jeans. I think they fit the best on my body and I feel the most confident in them. I know the price may seem a little extreme, but I think they are worth every pretty penny. You can dress these jeans up or down, they are such a versatile piece for any season.

This store, in my opinion, has changed my style in the best way possible! Although it is sometimes on the expensive side, I can genuinely say I have never regretted buying a clothing piece from Zara. I hope the pieces I shared give you some inspiration for future outfits in your wardrobe!

Katharine is a sophomore studying Communication and Media Studies. She loves all things fashion, beauty, and lifestyle!