Meet our October Member of the Month: Madyn Godfrey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Every month, Her Campus at Emmanuel recognizes a general member for going above and beyond with their attendance, articles and participation. For October we chose Madyn Godfrey! Read on to learn more about her!

Name: Madyn Godfrey 

Class year: 2022

Major or interests: Writing, Editing, & Publishing, and Communications

Astrological sign: Cancer sun with a Libra rising (that’s important, I swear!) 

Why she joined Her Campus at Emmanuel: I love the feeling of community and friendships that it focuses on and fosters! 

What she likes writing about: I have only done one of these so far but I want to write more politically driven pieces as, with the election approaching, it’s something I feel passionate about. 

What she likes to do in her free time: I love to draw and paint, even though I’m not very good yet. And I also love to read when I have a break from homework!

Fun fact: I can lick my elbow. Turns out it isn’t actually impossible!

Favorite thing to do in Boston: I love taking advantage of all the local museums that are free to students and checking out the exhibitions when there are new ones. 

If you want to check out Madyn’s writing, you can read her Her Campus articles here. Congrats, Madyn!

Victoria Harding is a senior at Emmanuel College majoring in communications with a minor in management. She is a fourth year Her Campus at Emmanuel member, and is thrilled to be HCE's President this year! Victoria is also a Resident Assistant, member of Emmanuel College's 1804 Society, a residence hall desk assistant, and intern at MEDIAGIRLS. Follow her on Twitter @VictoriaRose_29 and Instagram @victoriahardingg.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.