Meet our November General Member of the Month, Vandita Patel!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Name: Vandita Patel

Major or interests: Communications and Media Studies

Astrological sign: Libra

Why she joined Her Campus at Emmanuel: Originally, I joined HerCampus because of my roommate. However, I continued coming to the general meetings because I loved how warm and welcoming everyone was. All of the executive board members and general members are so supportive, even if they don’t know you that well. I also joined HerCampus as a way to push myself out of my comfort zone. I never thought of myself as a writer and didn’t think I would gain anything out of it. However, I ended up writing two articles and it has helped better my writing skills.

What she likes writing about: I like writing about things that allow me to be more personal and connect with other people.

What she likes to do in her free time: I love knitting and anything that has to do with arts and crafts. I also like to bake, hang out with friends and explore Boston as much as I can

Fun fact: I’ve lived in four different countries

Favorite thing to do in Boston: I love going to Faneuil Hall and the Boston Harbor and just walking around that area.

If you want to check out Vandita’s writing, you can read her Her Campus articles here. Congrats, Vandita!

Victoria Harding is a senior at Emmanuel College majoring in communications with a minor in management. She is a fourth year Her Campus at Emmanuel member, and is thrilled to be HCE's President this year! Victoria is also a Resident Assistant, member of Emmanuel College's 1804 Society, a residence hall desk assistant, and intern at MEDIAGIRLS. Follow her on Twitter @VictoriaRose_29 and Instagram @victoriahardingg.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.