This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It’s 2024 now, and  that means out with the old and in with the new. No more boring skin care products that you’ve been using since high school. It’s time to freshen your face with something new. I threw out all of my old skin care from 2023 and vamped up my product for 2024. Here’s what I am using and love for skincare in 2024. 

1. Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser

This facial cleanser has saved my skin. I am prone to blackheads, specifically in my t-area. For the past 8 years I have tried over 6 products to help resolve my blackhead issue but none were successful, until I tried Kate Somerville “Exfolikate Cleanser”. This gentle cleanser targets your blackheads and whiteheads immediately. After using this cleanser three times, my black heads were dull and they were minimizing. 

1. Versed Day Dissolve Cleansing Balm

This cruelty-free facial cleansing balm takes off your face and eye makeup gently. There’s no need for rough scrubbing to make sure all of your makeup is off. This is one of the most gentle facial cleansers I have used. The cleanser is oil-based so instead of leaving your face dry and cracked, this cleansing balm leaves your face hydrated for the whole day. 

1. Good Light Moon Glow Milky Toning Lotion

I have been eager to add a toning lotion to my skincare routine and to be honest, I only tried the Good Light Moon “Glow Milky Toning Lotion” because of the cool packaging. I had no expectations but I was pleasantly pleased. I love it so much that I think I will bring this toning lotion into 2025 with me. This toning lotion leaves your face hydrated and glowy for the whole day. And not to mention, the scent of the toning lotion is so earthly. This has to be my favorite skincare product for 2024. 

1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Water Gel

Especially in the colder months, my eczema acts up. The Neutrogena “Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Water Gel” hydrates my dry patches and reliefs my face with a cooling after feel. For the past three weeks, my eczema went away and my face has been dewey 24/7. 

2024 called and said you need to buy new skin care products. These products are definitely worth it!

Madeleine Graves-Witherell is a sophomore studying Communications and Media Studies. She recently has worked with multiple social media platforms, specifically Instagram and TikTok in marketing means. Madeleine is an activist for women's rights and social change. When she is not writing, she is listening to Vance Joy on repeat or reciting The Office quotes.