I watched Llamageddon so you don’t have to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

If you search the hidden depths of the free movies section on Amazon Prime for long enough, you will encounter masterpieces such as Llamageddon. This 69-minute film is exactly what it sounds like: a movie about a killer llama. The film depicts the llama’s murderous rampage during a “crazy college party” (4 kids sitting on a couch playing never-have-I-ever). Llamageddon began as a short film made by recently graduated film students, but it eventually “turned into a full-length passion project.” It is a fantastical waltz through low-budget absurdity. Purposefully attempting the “so bad it’s good” concept, the film embraces its own ridiculousness. Highlights include:

•  A llama that shoots lasers out of its eyes. 
  • The phrase “front butt.” 
  • The most ungodly liquor/beer/soda mixed drink in existence. 
  • “Scholars are bad bitches!” 
  • An unexplainably, prolonged shot of two characters dancing to disembodied saxophone music for no apparent reason.
  • Homoerotic hand shakes
  • A llama electrocuting a hot-tub full of drunk college kids.
  • “Hello? Yes, this is an emergency. There’s a llama out here shooting people!”
  • Hand-to-hand combat with a llama
  • “How’d you know how to kill it?”

“Like most living things, if you run them through a combiner, it’ll pretty much take care of it”

And the best end credits song ever to be invented.

In case you were concerned, the final lines of the credits read: “No llamas were hurt during the production of this film, just the dignities of all involved.” Since its release, Llamageddon has achieved a cult horror following. People love how the film doesn’t take itself, or anything, seriously. In fact, the director has announced plans for a potential sequel, Alpacalypse, following the cult success of Llamageddon.

Her Campus Emmanuel