yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style

How to Style the Infamous Teddy Coat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

The teddy coat has taken over this fall and is quite possibly one of the best inventions thus far. Consisting of a plush and cozy material that is perfect for the seasonal chills, the teddy coat is sure to keep you warm. Find yourself feeling like you’re being wrapped up in a soft blanket, and better yet, take that feeling of comfort with you anywhere you go. 

They come in so many different variations that there is bound to be a teddy coat that suits you. Different colorways are just the start as stores sell nearly every color of the rainbow in this fabric. Some of the top color choices that can be seen on the streets are deep burgundy’s and earth tones that are becoming for fall. If this doesn’t have you convinced, there are also many lengths that are available in this style. If you’re just looking for a cute jacket for fall, find yourself a short length. If this piece is something you’re hoping to wear outdoors into the winter months, find a three-quarter length or longer to be sure to block the cool air from catching you. 

What’s also great about this piece is how versatile it is. You can pair this staple with so many unique and stylish looks. From the classroom to a night out in the city, the teddy coat has got you covered. Here are a few of the ways that the most popular, light brown color, can be put together.

With an animal print flare 

Who doesn’t love a little animal print? This outfit works so well because of the similar tones that are in the leopard bodysuit and the coat. The model wears this outfit on a seemingly warmer day where a tank top is acceptable, but a jacket is still necessary. She drapes it off the shoulders to catch that chill in the air and complete the look.

With even more cozy layers 

This is the definition of cozy right here. Layers of warmth cover this girl head to toe for an aesthetically pleasing monochrome look. You can do the same by pulling out your favorite turtleneck sweaters or even a matching sweat suit.

With a rockin’ pair of leather leggings 

This is a great option for class as it pulls together comfort and style. Switch up your everyday athletic leggings for a more chic look with leather. This is an easy way to incorporate more texture on top of that oh so cozy coat.

With gingham 

Don’t leave your gingham patterns at the summer picnic, fall has a place for it too! This is a great neutral look that can be accessorized with bold belts, jewelry, or maybe a colorful handbag.

With your favorite band tee 

Because oversized band tees aren’t only for sleeping in. Especially with this Rolling Stones tee, the bold red is just the pop of color that this look needed. Paired with a comfortable pair of sneakers, this could be great for traveling.

Now that you’ve seen how to pair this amazing piece for any event needed, it’s time to go out and get your own! You can find the teddy coat at numerous stores all over. If you’re looking for a high-quality choice that will last, check out stores like Madewell and J. Crew. For those more on the college budget, Marshalls, ASOS, and Missguided have some great options available. Happy Shopping!

Natalie Blair

Emmanuel '21

Hi my name is Natalie and I'm a junior at Emmanuel College. I'm currently studying sociology and writing with hopes to someday become a fashion writer!!
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.