Her Campus Emmanuel Supports Breast Cancer Awareness!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

According to breastcancer.org, “In 2015, there are more than 2.8 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S. This includes women currently being treated and women who have finished treatment.” Chances are we all know someone that has been affected by breast cancer. 

Our mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, friends and so on have played huge parts in shaping who we are today as individuals. The love and support each of us receive from many of these role models is infinite and without them, there wouldn’t be as many hugs and kisses! In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness for the month of October, Her Campus Emmanuel is bringing a fabulous event to the Jean Yawkey Center to unite our community in celebrating the fighters, survivors and amazing women that have been directly affected by breast cancer. 

In this effort, we are teaming up with local on-demand, on-location beauty service, BeautyLynk, to bring Emmanuel three stations of pink-themed beauty! A braid bar, shades of pink lipstick, and blush are just a peek into what will be going on in the JYCCL (glass room) on October 27 from 12pm- 2:30pm. 

To raise money for Breast Cancer awareness, we invite everyone to donate $1 to “kiss the canvas” after getting their lipstick done! The product of all the kisses on a big canvas will make for a great art piece and symbol of the Emmanuel College community coming together to support the cause. Baked goods will also be available for $1 for all those not getting makeup done. 

All proceeds will go to the Making Strides Foundation. Bring your roommates, friends, family and faculty, and join us in supporting those who have fought and continue to fight against this disease. Let’s spread the love until EC is kissed pink!

I am a junior at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA. studying English Communications and Media Studies with a minor in Religious Studies. My passions include traveling, writing, reading, fashion and blogging! I enjoy being around friends and family and believe that the best medicine is laughter!
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.