HCE Senior Send-Off: Eimile Bowden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

A Senior Send-Off for the Her Campus Emmanuel’s 2017-2018 President Eimile Bowden. Keep reading to hear about her times with HCE, advice for fellow Emmanuel students, and some memories about Emmanuel!

Name: Eimile Bowden    

Major: English (Writing and Literature) and Theatre Arts

Dream Job: Oof. I have a ton, but my biggest dream is to start a theatre program for children’s hospitals.

HCE Exec Board Position: President

Favorite Emmanuel Class: Images of Masculinity (with Dr. Kelly McGuire) or any class with Dr. Mary Pope

Favorite Thing to do in Boston: Walk around (weather permitting)

HCE: Tell us a little about your history with Her Campus over the past four years!

Eimile Bowden: Yes! It feels like a lifetime ago, but Sammy Martin started the Her Campus Emmanuel chapter at the end of my freshman year. During my sophomore year, I served as the HCE secretary, then VP as a junior, and spent this year as HCE’s president. I also interned with Her Campus Media during my junior year in the operations department.

Eimile after working on College Fashion Week, Her Campus Media’s annual fashion show.

HCE: What has been your favorite part about being a part of the HCE team?

Eimile Bowden: Meeting new people, working with women who have become some of my closest friends, and getting the opportunity to be a student leader on campus.

HCE: Do you have any advice for HCE for the future?

Eimile Bowden: I’d encourage next year’s executive board to keep trying new things- invent new ways to take on “signature” events, encourage team members to write about anything, and keep the school’s population involved and interested in what Her Campus Emmanuel is doing.

HCE: What have been some of your favorite moments and memories at Emmanuel?

Eimile Bowden: My freshman year began with the Great Loretto Flood of 2014™, but it was actually how I met my best friend. I had nowhere to sleep, so I stayed in her room because she was a friend of a friend. I was also really involved in the theatre program, and I got to play a fun of ton roles and made some amazing friends.

Eimile Bowden as Flounder in Disney’s The Little Mermaid. Photo courtesy of Merrill Shea Photography.

HCE: I know it’s slightly anxiety-inducing, but any plans for after you graduate?

Eimile Bowden: I’ll be living in Boston after graduation, so I’m currently searching for a full-time job. *sweats profusely*

HCE: Do you have any advice or anything you would want to say to freshman Eimile?

Eimile Bowden: I’d probably tell her to relax. Everyone’s college experience is different, and I felt a ton of pressure during my freshman year to live up to the hype of “college life”. There is no right or wrong way to have a college experience, as long as you’re growing academically, emotionally, and mentally.

HCE: Thank you so much for everything you’ve done with HCE! We have absolutely loved having you as president this year. Good luck with everything in the future, we know you’re bound for great things. We’re going to miss you too much! HCXO

Ashley is a senior studying English Communications and Media Studies at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently, she acts as the President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Emmanuel chapter. In the past, she acted as the Public Relations Director for the 2017-2018 year. She loves all things PR and in her spare time enjoys watching cute ads on Youtube.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.