HCE Partners with the Alliance for Eating Disorder Awareness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Last Thursday, Her Campus at Emmanuel held our second annual Body Positivity Fashion Show, one of our biggest on-campus events of the year! Our students weren’t just watching models strut their stuff down the runway; they were also doing their part in raising awareness for National Eating Disorder Awareness month. This year, Her Campus at Emmanuel took our fashion show a step further, and partnered with the Alliance for Eating Disorder Awareness, or AEDA. For those of you who didn’t have the opportunity to learn about AEDA at the fashion show, here’s a little about their organization!

The AEDA is a nonprofit organization which is dedicated to providing programs and activities that aid in education and outreach for men and women of all ages who are in th the early stages of an eating disorder. The organization also provides interventions for those who have suffered from eating disorders long-term. Not only does the Alliance offer help for those who have eating disorders, but they also offer educational programs and support groups for loved ones as well. Since 2000, when the Alliance was first formed, they have provided presentations on healthy eating habits and the importance of self-help to over 250,000 people nationwide.

If you or someone you know suffers from an eating disorder or other harmful mental illness, know that you are not alone. Organizations like the Alliance for Eating Disorder Awareness are here to help. Or, if you’re looking to do your part in aiding the Alliance, please visit their website to donate. We are proud to announce that we raised $95 through the fashion show for the AEDA! It was an honor to work with the Alliance, and we can’t wait to see what other amazing things they accomplish in the future!

Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime! 
Her Campus Emmanuel