jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hannah’s Don’t of Dating: An Oddly Specific List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

I don’t have the do’s, that’s why I’m single ;)

*Disclaimer* This is for comedic purposes only, but please feel free to take my advice! This list is pulled from a lot of unfortunate dating experiences. So learn from me or just laugh at me, I laugh at myself all the time.

1. If he ends his with too many ‘s’s at the end of his words, its best to stay away.

For example, if he says “dead asssss” he’s probably just screwing with you. Also if he says  “dead ass” in general you should be weary.

Gif courtesy of Giphy

2. If he really LOVES to fish, something’s up.

I’m not talking the occasional fish with friends and family, I’m talking about if fishing is his life. I find this to be weird because fishing is boring as heck. Sounds a bit fishy to me. Moving on.

Gif courtesy of Gifer

3. Has a weird obsession with the circus.

Honestly, I haven’t decided exactly what that implies, so feel free to get creative. But I think we can all agree that it’s a red flag of some sorts.

Run.

Gif courtesy of Make A Gif

4. Libras: I don’t like them.

thank u, next.

Gif courtesy of Giphy

5. Furry hoods just really bother me.

You know those Canada Goose jackets? Yeah they just like really irk me. I think I’ve decided that the furry hoods just make me uncomfortable.

Gif courtesy of Tenor

6.  Always check the footwear!!

I promise you ladies you can determine everything you need to know about a guy based on his footwear. Old New Balance dad sneakers? Move right along. Cross country ski boots, but doesn’t actually cross country ski? No. Just no.  

Gif courtesy of Giphy

7.  Halloween themed tattoos.

Christmas I can get behind, but other than that let’s stay away from the spooky holidays to permanently mark your body.

Gif courtesy of Gifer

8. *takes you on an ice-skating date, doesn’t know how to ice-skate*

Second-hand embarrassment at its finest. Need I say more?

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Unfortunately, this list appears to be ongoing. Check back in for more updates. Peace!

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Hannah Bragdon

Emmanuel '19

Hannah is senior at Emmanuel College majoring in communications and media studies as well as a minor in psychology. Her favorite things to do are petting dogs, traveling, taking pictures of food and binge watching Netflix. She currently serves at the Co Social Media Director of Her Campus at Emmanuel.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.