david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Treats in 5 Ingredients or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Halloweekend is upon us, and that means spooky hang outs with friends. Here are some easy, and budget friendly, treats to bring to whatever monster mash you are going to!

1. Oreo Truffles

Ingredients: 1 package of oreos, 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, 1 bag of chocolate chips, sprinkles

Instructions: Crush oreos in a plastic bag using a rolling pin until there are no large pieces left. It should resemble a powder when it’s complete. Mix oreos with a package of cream cheese in a large bowl. It is definitely easiest to combine using your hands. Let the mixture rest in the freezer for about 10 minutes before forming it into balls and placing them on a lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for another 10 minutes. While this is happening, melt chocolate in the microwave, being sure to use a microwave safe bowl. Heat chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring in between until all of the chocolate is melted. Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate and place them back on the baking sheet. Add halloween themed sprinkles to the tops of the truffles as they dry, and store in the fridge until it’s party time!

2. Halloween Candy Bark

Ingredients: 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate, assorted candies

Instructions: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, using 30 second increments. Stir in between heating until all of the chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate onto baking sheet and spread evenly. Top with your favorite candies. Candy corn and m&ms would look great for halloween!

3. Ghost Cookies

Ingredients: 1 package nutter butter cookies, 1 can vanilla frosting, candy eyeballs

Instructions: This recipe couldn’t be more simple! Melt frosting in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between until the frosting becomes a liquid consistency. Lay flat on a baking tray lined with wax paper, and place eyeballs on the cookies while the frosting is drying.

4. Witch Fingers

Ingredients: Pretzel rods, white chocolate, green food coloring, almond slivers

Instructions: Heat chocolate in a microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Use 30 second increments, and stir between heating until all of the chocolate is melted. Add green food coloring and stir until chocolate reaches the green color you desire. Line a baking tray with wax paper, and lay pretzels on it to dry. Press almond slivers onto the tips of the pretzels to resemble finger nails. Once the chocolate is half dry, press a fork into the center of the pretzel rod to resemble a knuckle.

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.