Get Ready to Meet the ECHabitat Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Her Campus at Emmanuel is excited to announce an upcoming Profile series featuring the members of this year’s ECHabitat for Humanity club trip to Colorado! The team is composed of some incredible students who really care about making a difference by building and repairing homes for families in need. Whether they’ve been on the trip before or are experiencing it for the first time, the entire team is anxiously awaiting their departure to Woodland Park, Colorado next week!

We had the pleasure of attending one of their preparational meetings for the trip, and it certainly seems like they have an amazing journey ahead of them! At the meeting, executive board members Noor Ul Ann and Paige Emery ran through all of the specifics with the team. They urged them to drink plenty of water in the weeks before the trip to help tackle Woodland Park’s elevation of 8,465 feet above sea level. They also explained what to pack, presenting an ideally sized suitcase for visual aid. Lastly, they went over some basic conduct guidelines for the trip, encouraging them to do what you are comfortable and physically able to do at the build, and be kind and supportive of one another while on the trip.

Before calling it a night, the team also played Two Truths & A Lie to break the ice and get to know each other a little better. It was great to be able to see everyone interact, and guessing which statement was a lie for each person was so much fun. It was clear even from the short game that the team is going to get along really well in Colorado!

The team will be leaving in less than a week, but before they do, we thought we’d give each of the wonderful members a shoutout. Stay tuned as we post individual Profiles on each member, starting today and continuing throughout this week. Wishing the ECHabitat team the best of luck on their build!

If you’re interested in joining ECHabitat on future builds, follow them on Twitter for updates or reach out to one of the executive board members!

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.