This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

On July 26th, 2008 at the New England Dodge Music Center in Hartford, CT, I witnessed the Jonas Brothers perform during their Burnin’ Up Tour. It was the greatest moment of my childhood. 

Fast forward 11 years and it happened again.

The Jonas Brothers were a massive part of my childhood, and lets be real, they are still part of my life now. If you look at my Spotify, I guarantee the last thing I played was the Jonas Brothers. So to say that their reunion was a huge deal would be an understatement. The Jonas Brothers truly did save 2019.

My best friend Olivia and I were lucky enough to get tickets to their August show in Boston for the Happiness Begins Tour. And it was life changing.

When we first arrived to our seats in TD Garden, we realized that we were practically behind the stage in the balcony and guest services couldn’t help us. It was disappointing but we were about to see the Jonas Brothers and nothing could ruin that. 

About 15 min before Bebe Rexha performed as one of the opening acts, Olivia got a message from Twitter friend who was also in attendance. She had two extra tickets much closer to the action and they were ours if we wanted. 

The seats were amazing, but the JoBros were even better. When they descended from behind the stage on a platform with fireworks for the opening song, the crowd went nuts and I lost my mind.

For their first outfits of the nights, the boys were solid colored suits. Joe was in blue, Kevin was in green, and the love of my life, Nick, was in orange. For the second part of the show, they changed into black and white outfits.

They played bop after bop. They did the classics like “Burnin’ Up” (where they sprung up from under the stage with pyrotechnics on full display), “Year 3000,” “Love Bug,” “SOS,”“Fly With Me,” and “That’s Just the Way We Roll.”They played their new hits like “Sucker for You,” “Cool,”and “Roller Coaster.”They even played a mega mashup of their songs like“Mandy,” “Hold On,” “World War III,” and “Tonight.” We even got some “Camp Rock” and pre-reunion solo songs. 

Olivia and I sang and screamed every song, and by the end of the night while we waited for the T home, our conversations were whispers. The concert was an out of body experience. When I wasn’t singing and dancing along, I was shouting to Olivia that I couldn’t believe we were actually in the same room as the Jonas Brothers in 2019.

See you again in November, boys (where the fan request song better be “Video Girl”)!

Caroline Ferrari is a senior at Emmanuel College and is majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Politcal Communication and Writing. She is the Treasurer for Her Campus even though numbers have scared her since 4th grade math class. She is the pop culture expert on her family's trivia team and her Netflix account is her most prized possession. Her ultimate dream is to work for Entertainment Weekly so people have no choice but to listen to her opinions on movies and tv shows.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.